Pcos buddies?

wanna_bump

Reaction score
Looking to buddy up with another lady who has pcos. Been on metformin for about 2 months and just had my 1st AF on it :) so im now cd14. Say hi :) x

Hiya!!!:hi:

I was diagnosed last year with it, (insulin related, hormone levels are fine) Doc put me on metformin about 3 months ago but side effects got too bad. I stopped for about 3 weeks and started again friday when I started my first round of clomid:happydance: 50mg. I am now cd6!

Hey
Im ttc n have pcos n jus been given metformin, hope to regulate cycles n help me lose weight to get my bfp. Im under fertility n have to los weight before they give me clomid.
Last cycle was cd107 n this one is cd49 so far.
Vic x

Im the same as you Vic, mine is insulin based and was given met to help regulate cycles/loose weight, ive lost around 8lbs so far. My last cycle was 177 days :( so hoping it gets them down, even 40 days would be good! How long have you been on it? x

Omg a 40 day cycle wud be a dream lol. Iv seen some gals on here sayin how irregular they are n how annoyin it is n there cycle are between 26-30 days. Makes me laugh lol
Well iv jus been given met today. Starting on one day a day for a wk, then going to 2 tabs. Do u get bad side effects, i heard some women have to stop as it makes them so ill.
Vic x

Oh I know, that annoys me too! My last cycle was 177 days so O'ing a few days late or having a few days longer cycle would make me so happy! Some people dont know how lucky they are!

My met side effects werent too bad, i started slowly and worked my way up to the full dose so minimise side effects...i had a feeling of nausea and the runs a bit :S at first but compared to what some ladies experience i think ive been lucky. Hopefully you will too. How are you finding them so far? x

Oh I know, that annoys me too! My last cycle was 177 days so O'ing a few days late or having a few days longer cycle would make me so happy! Some people dont know how lucky they are!

My met side effects werent too bad, i started slowly and worked my way up to the full dose so minimise side effects...i had a feeling of nausea and the runs a bit :S at first but compared to what some ladies experience i think ive been lucky. Hopefully you will too. How are you finding them so far? x

Lol i no there a day or 2 late, n go am i preg omg a bfn n no period wats goin on. Makes me laugh.
Well on day 3 of met now, been ok really, had a bad tum on day 1 but since then nothin, wil do 7 days of 500mg n then do 1000mg. Thought i wud be worse. So kinda happy.
Vic x

Yeah I was the same with mine, we must be the lucky ones!

I see your taking Soya aswell? How have you found that? I tried it but still had a super long cycle with no Ov...I think I'd try them again if the met brought my cycles down.

Going to do another weight check this weekend (eeek) its roughly about 1lb a week although i hadnt made any changes to my diet or excerise so this week ive tried eating a low GI to see of that helps. Do you know what bmi/weight you need to be before your considered for clomid? x

Hey
Well first mth on soya i had a cd of 107 lol but it did say i ov but only had a lp of 8 days hmm. This mth says i ov on cd30 which i was well happy with but temps didnt stay high n on dpo 10 it took ov away. Now im on cd50 odd n it says i ov again 5 days ago. N with solid red line. But im also on like day 4/5 of metformin so not sure if thats messed it up. Or if its bought my period forward. Wil have to see
N fertility says my bmi has to be under 35 n think mines was 38. Which was bout another st or so
Hows ur cycle goin wat cd r u now. N do u chart on ff or take ov sticks
Vic x

well i hope you dont have another long cycle, I can totally relate to it and its so frustrating. Im charting as well as using cheap opk's. FF is saying in 6 dpo but i think it would be highly unlikely that I o'd on cd14 and the opks have been bfn so its gotta be fluke temps. How about you? Are you ttc #1? x

Hmm to ov on cd14 wud be quite unlikely. Did u have any crams or anything
Well ff has now taken off solid line. Wil have to see how the nex wk or so goes
Do u take met or clomid or soya
N yeh im ttc #1 how about u
Vic x

Hey
Dunno y i asked bout soya. Clomid or met. Weve already spOken about it lol

lol dont worry about it! I have tried soya, did nothing for me, clomid i wouldnt be prescribed due to my bmi :( and currently taking met :)

Nope, not cramps or anything (although I usually only get them when af has arrived)
Sounds like your ff is playing up like mine - ive still got crosshairs on mine and didnt take a temp this morning. I'd be thrilled like if I did Ov on cd14 - it'd be a miricle! lol

Im ttc my 2nd, my son is 7 now so there will be a gap, i dont like him growing up alone, with only adults keeping him company so I plan to ttc straight away after in the hope that this child wont have to grow up alone either.

Hope your having a good weekend x

I'll join! I was also diagnosed with PCOS but I'm not on any meds. Back when I was diagnosed, I was having long cycles too. The only thing regular about them is that they were always over 50 days long. I wasn't TTC at that time though so I went on BC and doc said there isn't anything else that needs to be done until TTC. So far this time around, my cycles seem to be stabilizing by some grace of God. I don't know what did it, but my last one was 31 days and before that was 35. I started temping this month and FF tried telling me I Oed CD 14 but I knew that was too early for me. Just this afternoon I got my very first positive OPK test so I am beyond excited. Hoping things work out this month!

all sounds good then applemuffins :) ff is saying i ov'd on cd14 too but im yet to get a positive opk. The cm is looking good thought so fx in the next couple of days...bd anyway just incase x

Hi girls, I am diagnosed with PCOS in my teens. My period comes once in 7 mths. Haha... In 2007, I managed to lose 11kg and my period comes once a mth. I conceived my 1st child naturally in 2008. Currently I am trying to conceive for my 2nd child for 1.5 yrs but no news. I have gained a lot of weight since I gave birth in 2009.

I tried 3 cycles of clomid but my eggs do not respond well. I suspect it is due to my weight. So I have embark on another dieting regime and I have managed to lose 3.5kg in 3 weeks.

It is very hard for me to ovulate on my own as my eggs do not grow. But last week, I tested my ovulation using OPK, I have two lines. Test line is almost same shade as the control line. If I did ovulate last week, it must be contributed by the weight loss.

Baby dust to all!

Hope to be everyone's PCOS buddies.

Hey all
Had a great wknd away, totally tired now.
Well carried on takin temps, so ff went from solid red line, to jagged line now to no ov again. Bloodyvthing is doin my head in.
So now in cd 54 n no ov yet, its so annoyin.
Hope ungirls did ov on cd14. That wud be great.
Weight dont seem to make any dif to my cycles. Wish it did.
Wanna bump. Are u on a diet to get clomid then. Or u not botherin.
Vic x

welcome babysiew - well done on the weight loss, i hope it sorts your ovulation :) it sounds like it is already.

Vik - did you go anywhere nice for your weekend away? I am trying to eat a better diet, but to be honest the met seems to be doing most of the work for me. I've lost 9lbs so far :) cd54 sucks for you...i know what its like, hang in there - really hope you ov

x

thanks wanna_bump. crossing my hairs, fingers and toes! :D

welcome babysiew - well done on the weight loss, i hope it sorts your ovulation :) it sounds like it is already.

Vik - did you go anywhere nice for your weekend away? I am trying to eat a better diet, but to be honest the met seems to be doing most of the work for me. I've lost 9lbs so far :) cd54 sucks for you...i know what its like, hang in there - really hope you ov

x

Hey well done on the 9lb loss. I hope it starts workin for me too, only on day 6 of it. N after the wknd away with my mate n eatin n drinkin enough to last a yr iv actually put on weight lol. We went to felicstowe, ipswich n essex, was a long wknd. Very tired today.
Do u not have ur chart in ur siggy was gonna keep a eye out to see how ur doin. Does it stil say u ov on cd14.
Btw where in the uk r u?
Vic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->