PCOS Club!

Hi girls, i'm a newbie!! I suffer with PCOS also i'm 25 my DH is 32 we got married July 2010 and have been properly TTC from Jan 2011. My DH had a SA ( sperm analysis) done to find it came back no sperm. So devastating! waiting for another on the 22nd of this month and we've been so anxious. Has anyone else went through similar experience?

Hi I'm picking up oh sperm analy tomorrow if I find out anything that might be of use to you I will let you no. I too am 25 PCOS sufferer

Thank you so much kazza25 Its so good to be able to chat with someone who is going through similar things as no-one knows only my DH and I it's good to get things off our chest. It's not nice being in limbo stage, is that first SA? How have you and your Partner been feelings about the SA? I hate waiting around for things , I guess it's good to keep busy i am the sort of person who want them done yesterday :haha: very organised my DH compared me to monica from friends :blush: don't know if that's a good things or bad lol I will cross my fingers you get a good result :spermy: x GL

Hi Wifey

My friends call me Monica from friends too as im so organised!! i think its a good thing personally!!!!

:hugs: xxx

Hiya does anyone no what the normal testosterone level should be?

Apparently i have shown high LH/FSH ratio and serum testosterone is 3.5??

Kazza - it depends on your clinic because everyone's ranges are different. Although I do believe it's somewhere around 2 which is the top of the range.

I have an LH:FSH ratio of 4:1 and it shouldn't be more than 2:1 (and even that's high!) so it was clear as day I had PCOS :cry:

After I have my OD done Im considering asking for fresh blood tests to see if there's any improvement

Oh thanks Maria I think I will do that to once I have my od done. mAria notching niacin really excited for you!!

Wify - I no exactly how you feel I'm the same organised and want it all yesterday I think it's a good thing but my oh will tell you otherwise! Lol!!

First sa and have been worried sick about the results for 2.5 weeks! My partner smokes so it's made me worry more! Joining here has been a god send otherwise I would drive everyone mad!!

Ive been looking through the first few pages of this thread and it looks like most girls who joined from the beginning are now pregnant - about to give birth, in fact...

On the one hand it's really encouraging, but on the other it does make me sad. Because Ive done the Clomid and the injections and the IUI and it STILL hasn't worked....So what will OD change?! :cry:

Sorry girls, just feeling a little sorry for myself. I know there's many other girls on here who have been struggling much longer than I have so it's not fair on you :hugs:

Maria - everyones has a down day, you have been through so much but the OD might just be the treatment you need. From what I have read the OD seems very very effective! Keep your chin up, not long now till the OD and im sure you will have a 2011 BFP!!!!!!

Wifey - got my oh SA results which were low, he has 5 million sperms as apposed to 20 million with only 1% swimming! They are putting me on Prevera and Clomid and doing the re-test. Mens sperms regenerates in six week cycles so it could be that they were tested towards the end of the cycle. All they can do is retest and and limited the alochol and smoking.

What did the consultant say to you?

Hello Everyone!
I was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 13
was on bc pills all threw jr high and high school
got married...went of bc pills and no period what so ever..and i also gained alot of weight due to pcos..i was on metformin for awhile then i ballooned up..and they took me off it and i lost some weight.. we ttc natural with nothing for about 4 years...then went to a fertility doc and we did clomid for 4 months.. nothing... decided to take charge and get help with my weight... had gastric bypass Jan 19th of 2010...now back on the road to ttc again.. also. still no period... so went back to the fertility doctor and she had me on provera, got a period did a ultrasound to check my lining..to make sure it sheaded like it was suppose to...it did........ so...next step is... she is going to have me start Gondatropin Shots in a few weeks......... anyone every try them>?

YAY for the appointment!! I have to wait like forever and a day for mine.
how much met are you going to be taking now?

I will be taking 1000mg of met as of tomorrow, then the following thursday have to take another tablet a day so will be 1500MG

Does anyone have any advise on what I should expect on my first appointment?

wow Im surprised they have you starting at 1000 right away.
I think more doctors should be having people gradually build their way up since so many people get gastro issues from taking met in the beginning

Hi Wifey

My friends call me Monica from friends too as im so organised!! i think its a good thing personally!!!!

:hugs: xxx

:happydance:SNAP!!! we've got somethin in common then eh monica the 2nd lol there's nothing wrong with it at times I wouldnt change being like that my DH thinks its cute too so i guess it works lol:thumbup:

Oh thanks Maria I think I will do that to once I have my od done. mAria notching niacin really excited for you!!

Wify - I no exactly how you feel I'm the same organised and want it all yesterday I think it's a good thing but my oh will tell you otherwise! Lol!!

First sa and have been worried sick about the results for 2.5 weeks! My partner smokes so it's made me worry more! Joining here has been a god send otherwise I would drive everyone mad!!

Kazzab25 is offically monica the 3rd lol woohoo!! :winkwink:haha My DH thinks its cute it works cos hes not oragnaised I'm out with my pen and notepad writing lists for everything he always says how did i ever survive without u lol sarcasim is a wonderful thing!!

Yeah my DH smokes too it's had me worried he doesn't smoke that much though its like 3-4 a day i don't see the point in smoking if its that little even the DR said the same to him, he stopped for a couple years and hes only recently got back on them. He always says theres people out there that smokes and have fathered and they smoke well more than me i don't see the problem if its 3-4 a day.. He doesn't get it at all :growlmad: every little helps right???! MEN!

Yep we are like that, im super organised and husband calls me his secretary too!! Its caught on and loads of our friends call my monica too now!!

Trouble is when TTC is that he is happy to let things take their course whereas i want it NOW!! He doesnt seem to realise that with PCOS you have to know whats going on!!

xxxx

Clo_mid - :thumbup:I've heard alot of DH who are the same way mines has said that to me before, don't tell him when I'm OV etc try not to think about it as much. It will happen if we stay positive. I think most women have to be tuned in to what's happening with there body they say it helps to be educated on what your going through.
I always tried to stay positive until my DH's SA results came back showing no sperm:nope: he's having a 2nd one done on the 22nd this month so everything just feels like its on hold to then.. so obviously my minds ticking over time:sad1:

Hi Wifey

Yes i think its just men in general and being put under pressure to perform.

Aw, hopefully the second SA tests will come back better, there must be loads they can do to help improve them though??

Good luck chick xxx

I think more doctors should be having people gradually build their way up since so many people get gastro issues from taking met in the beginning

I was on 500 for a week and then 1000 for a week, then go onto 1500, he has said that i need to gradually increase the dose each week :)

Hey guys can I ask you a question?

Basically, I started spotting on 7th feb for a week or so, the AF visited on 25th of Feb and was on for a week, I have come back on today?! it is light (more than spotting but less than full flow) - is this normal?

Hello ladies..

hope you are all well.. I'm loving the how our OH tells us how they would never cope without us, i love being Organised, my oh calls me his PA lol even tho he is the brains out of the 2 of us.. I like to be organized, i like to be in control too lol... I have all my bills filed i keep all my letters i get and file them all, when we moved here i when through them and noticed i have letters from 10 years ago all neatly filed.. and black gloss files to match the black glass desk :blush:

Wifey gl hun with the SA my OH will prob need that agn too.. i'm scared... :hugs: to you all..

Hi Wifey

Yes i think its just men in general and being put under pressure to perform.

Aw, hopefully the second SA tests will come back better, there must be loads they can do to help improve them though??

Good luck chick xxx

VERY TRUE!! Thank you means alot!!

Um.. I've read some stuff about it.. He was ill when he done the first sample so we are hoping that is why it came back with that result, My DH is a twin and was the sick one he's had a kidney transplant which is now failing.. I'd read something about missing kidneys ( as he's only the transplanted kidney working and its only working 25%) so thats playing on my mind he's also has lymphoma cancer so there's alot of reasons that it could have been.

If it comes back the same result its called azoospermia, they will do tests etc to see if he's producing them and scans then a biopsy etc still a long process not to mention my PCOS and sorting that out. Then if that doesn't work then its donor sperm or adotion which i still don't know how i feel about it all. Still some time to go before we can even get to the bottom of everything. sorry for rambling me and my mind doesn't know when to stop lol How have you been? xx

Hi wifey

Aw love that's a lot of problems for one person to have, bless him. :hugs: for you both.

I've heard if that, I've seen posts on here about, maybe stick into the search and see what other ladies have to say, that's what I've done when I've got questions about things.

I'm ok thanks, glad it's the weekend, in bed now and going to fall asleep on my :book: in a mo!

Have a lovely weekend xxx

Yeah i think it's best to do that one questions for you have you ever used OPK's? alot of people have said that you never get a proper reading with hormones etc with women with PCOS? just wondered??

Yeah the week days drag and weekends fly in tho don't they.. well have a good weekend too sweetdreams xx

Hey guys... sorry I haven't posted in a little while. Been kinda down these last few days.

Clo_mid: I don't know what my docs treatment plan is right now but by the sounds of things from my last appointment they are leaving the tube alone.

Maria: :hugs: Sorry to hear you have had a rough start to the year as well. He is retesting on Monday. On the last test he abstained for 5 days which is the time the doc told us to wait. They want the same time frame for the next one. He wasn't sick at all on his last one, gave up smoking way back when we started TTCing, only drinks on rare occasion, takes a mens multivitamin, reduced his caffeine intake ages ago as well. However, he did have a laptop on his legs tho. Obvious this changed very quickly after finding out his count is low. His briefs got a toss too! Only boxers now!! (He is not very impressed with me!! lol) I am fairly upset with him. I was telling his mom about his problem and she told me that his father has the same problem and it took them AGES to get pregnant!!! ARGH why didn't he mention this sooner instead of just being adamant there was nothing wrong with him! I could shake him! What a bunch of wasted time. I would of had him testing right from the beginning had I known!!!

Anywhos, enough about that. How are things with you? OD tomorrow!!!! I am so pumped for you! I have fingers crossed that this is what gets you your BFP! Are you excited/nervous/happy?

YAY for the appointment!! I have to wait like forever and a day for mine.
how much met are you going to be taking now?

I will be taking 1000mg of met as of tomorrow, then the following thursday have to take another tablet a day so will be 1500MG

Does anyone have any advise on what I should expect on my first appointment?

I was put straight on 1500g a day and my doc basically told me to suck it up and deal with the side effects (in a little nicer terms but same gist lol) and I found it hell at first. I even had a few ''accidents'' because I couldn't control things. Now though I hardly notice the side effects.

wannabemummyb: I don't think it is normal. That is what used to happen to me right before I would start bleeding all the time. I would ask your doc about it. The first treatment they gave me to control it was actually Provera to try and maintain my uterine lining. However it didn't work the best for me.

wifeyw: I can't imagine what you are going through with your OHs SA. I was so upset to find out my OH had a low result I can't imagine them not finding any. I have my fingers crossed that the next reports come back more positive for you.

My doctor started me on 250mg a day for the first week, then 500mg for a week and so on till I was at my dose. She said that they like to do that to avoid the horrible symptoms. Im glad she did. I did not have one symptom.

Wifey....I started OPKs this cycle and they worked for me. I was even using the internet cheapies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->