PCOS Club!

Massive congrats Wantanerd :thumbup:

Ladies - PCOS is a hell of a condition to beat. It takes time, determination and often failure after failure but it is possible to get pregnant with it.

Yes, weight loss is very hard but unfortunately crucial! I would strongly suggest that if you are not already so, start taking Metformin. I really think it helped with lose the weight although I only ever had may be 20 extra pounds.

And then Clomid for a few cycles and Ovarian Drilling.

Congratulations Wantanerd!! Very cute little poppet you have there!!

Maria, good luck for your birth chick, I know how long you have tried for this one :hugs:

xxx

Clobo - not long left for you either! Make sure you enjoy every day and every move inside the tummy. I found the last 10 weeks simply flew by!

This thread has been my home for over a year and I really hope new ladies will revamp it and give each other support and hope throughout their battles with PCOS :thumbup:

Wantanerd - congratulations he's gorgeous

Shudknow - I know it's a hard decision to make as to when to start TTC with the prospect it will take a long time. For me with PCOS it happened very quickly but suspect that second time is going to be a very long journey. Do you take anything for your symptoms?

Afm - my temps are all over the place which I think suggests I haven't ovulated but ff has crosshairs - so who knows!

Maria - good luck ! Can't be believe you are almost full term that seems to have gone really quick!

Congrats wantanerd!

Jellycat - I don't take anything for symptoms either. I recently got my bloodwork and U/S done for PCO and found that my LH:FSh ratio dropped from 3 (last year) to 1.3 this year and my U/S went from having classic string of pearls to having ZERO cysts but it is strange because I almost missed my AF in May (I had to take 5 mg provera to induce it) and now in June too, I am on the verge of missing though I am exhibiting extreme PMS (breasts feel like rocks). I wish I could understand my body better and help myself in answering questions about when to TTC etc. All of this stuff bothers me mentally :(

Hi Shudknow

Its a hard time isnt it, having to go through all this to get our babies, you just have to think positively and keep going, loads of ladies on this thread have gotton their BFP's and gone on to have healthy babies so you will get there, we just have to work harder for it.

:dust: xxx

So How has everyone been ?

For me Ive had three cycles with FF now that says I am ovulating which I think I am as feel absolutly dreadful around 'O' time. Still trying to lose weight but feel at abit of a stalemate at the moment. Starting OPKs this cycle as havent used them in about a year but hoping this will reinforce FF showing ovulation.

Hope everyone is doing well

Hey Ladies,

Im back again after a very long break in TTCing. Hoping things are moving along here, AF showed up 31/8 after a very long absence :(

Gynae prescribed me Clomid so im on the first round now *fingers crossed* i actually O'v, Had day 3 bloods done today, will hopefully find out in a few days if they were ok

How is everyone?

:dust: to all xx

Hi mrsbarrowman, nice to see you.

How have you found the first cycle with clomid? Any side effects?

I'm still trying to lose weight before my drs will prescribe me clomid. My cycles do seem to be getting more regular (35-40) days with the odd 60 day cycle.

Had lots of pmt this cycle so thought it was going to be a BFP but unfortunately not. Think we are on the same cycle day?

Hi JellyCat,

So far so gd, not too much side effects, little bit of feeling sick and had major energy boost today (weird!!!)

AF showed herself on 31/08 so im currently on CD4. Having to book appt with Gynae for a 14day U/S to see how evrything is.

Off for a well earned break this weekend, which should make me nice and relaxed, (retail therapy with the mum!!!)

How have you been?

I'm good no change as of yet only - AF only stopped yesterday so hoping I'll start getting cm within the next week and abit. Starting OPKs again in a few days but doubt I'll ovulate for another 20ish days

Feeling run down at the moment which doesn't help hopefully the bug will pass soon.

i feel i shouldnt be posting in here as im not actually confirmed pcos but id just like some insight if possible from those of you who HAVE got it!
ive had ultrasound and blood tests that have come back 'all clear' whatever that means because my doctor is useless.. and now im waiting for an appointment with gynaecology... what could this be for?
i feel so clueless..
i have been ttc #1 since my last depo shot in december 2009 with no luck. i have very irregular periods, anything from 21 days to 6-7 weeks apart.. so i never know if or when i am ovulating!
i have other symtoms of pcos including bad acne, especially on my chin, excess hair in unwanted places, the obvious irregularity of my periods..
i just wondered if anyone would be willing to share their stories in how they got diagnosed and if their ultrasound and blood work was 'clear' also..
what happened at gyno??
thank you so much in advance and sorry if im intruding on here!!! x

Hi kirstybum

From my teenage years I suffered irregular periods (18month gap when 19yrs old). When periods came back I started to suffer passing out and very hairy. Had bloodwork at the time which showed I had high prolactin, put on pill and said when I start TTC I will likely have problems conceiving

I came off the pill and conceived JJ in my 2nd cycle. After he was born my periods ranged from 26-92 days, still hairy, wanted to start TTC so told doc we already were so could be tested early.

Had bloodworks twice which indicated no problems was tested for early menopause and PCOS indicators . After 2nd bloodtest gp sent me for an ultrasound which showed a number of cysts on both ovaries. When I spoke to gp they said I'm being diagnosed with PCOS and should aim to lose some excess weight on my own first. They can offer me meds later if nothing happens concieving or losing weight on our own.

I've never been booked for gynae but I'm being left to my own devices at the moment.

Hi ladies xx
I have posted here before, a couple of years ago..
But a lot has happened and just want to see if anyone has experienced anyung similar or got any advice

My story

My name is Leanne and I am from the uk..
We started trying for a baby in 2005,
After 12mths of trying we were sent for tests and I was diagnosed with pcos..
I was gaining weight fast and my chances of conceiving were dropping..
I was put on metformin for a bout a year, and when that didn't work I was given clomid and again no success..
I went back for a Check up and was told I wasn't eligible for ivf due to my weight - I offered to pay and was advised if I had the money pay for a gastric band as I would have a better chance of conceiving...
This was all between 2005/2011..
I went away devastated -
We decided to look in to other avenues..
Adoption..
We sent of for some info and went along to an open day,
And applied..
We were in a really good place apart from I was still gaining weight no matter what I did..
So I booked in and had a gastric band (5/11/11)
The weight started to come off and we were going through our adoption process, life was good..
Nov 2012 we met out DD 17mths & DS 7mths and I was 4st lighter xx
I couldn't of been happier..

With the weight loss, my periods returned every month..
Then march 2014 I started bleeding and never stopped - went to the doctors and was told it sounded like I was ovulating and was getting sent for tests..
I had some ovulatin kits at home from years ago, so thought I would try them -
Shock it was positive - they were positive for 5 days - something wasn't right..
So I bought myself a pregnancy test - low and behold there was a bfp ��

Because I was bleeding and cramping i called the local women's hospital.
They asked me to come in on the Wednesday (3days away)
I was excited but worried sick at the same time..
On the Tuesday I had really sharpe pains in my left side and they went..

Wednesday, we made our way to hospital excited to see our baby..
We were told, they couldn't see a baby but something was showing by my left ovary..
We were devistated...,
I was sent for a blood test and my hcg level came back at 2240..
They asked me to come back in 48hrs to see if it raised..

The following day I was in the shower and then I was doubled over in pain..
I was rushed to hospital
I had a scan and something had happend to my left side and was rushed in to surgery..

Outcome
Baby had ruptured through my left tube, that's what the pain was on Tuesday and formed a blood clot and burst, pain on Thursday..
They had to remove baby and my left tube����

I am 3wks post op and just looking to talk to someone or people with a similar experience xx
Feeling a little lost and confused xx

Thanks
Lea

Did want to read and run. So sorry for your loss. I hope someone can chime in and share with you

Oh gosh Lea, I ised to he a regular on this thread, but that was a long time ago.

I am so sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine how your hopes must have been so high only to be crushed like that :cry:

I guess the good news is that you CAN get pregnant naturally! And you still have one tube. I know it's very hard at the moment, but try to concentrate on the positives.

So are your adoptive babies with you already? I just really wish that very soon you can add to your brood :hugs:

Hi mariaf..

My babies and thinking positive are the only thing getting us through this..
Our babies have been with us since Nov 2012..
They are amazing xx

Had a check up with my gp to day and he's going to track my ovulation once I get my af..
Once he's confirmed am ovulating he's going to send me for scans to check am ovulating from my right side..
As if am not he's putting me forward for ivf with Liverpool women's hospital..
So feeling a little more positive today xx

Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"