PCOS Club!

Thanks Clobo. I had a gynecologist last year and because I was already pregnant I was in instantly but that's because I needed the D&C. The few months before that, there was only a 1 month wait to get in. I am, however, in a different city now and not sure how long the wait would be. I am going to my clinic tomorrow to get the U/S results if I have another cyst. I guess from there I will ask for a referral. Thank you

Johnson post a pic!! We can have get line eye with u!!

Opk tested with fmu this morning as not got any hpt, negative :-(
I will wait another couple of days and then hpt but not feeling positive, no symptoms.

Feeling really negative today xx

Must've been line eye, AF:witch: showed this morning :( Now I have a question for ya'll, since I did get + opk's this month, will my doctor still add on the clomid??

sory for your AF johnson, she is a witch.

Why were you prescribed clomid? is it because you thought you werent ovulating? I did try to find your previous posts but too far back i think...
From what I have been told, Clomid is if you dont ovulate, or to help with Luteal phase difficulties. If you are ovulating on your own and lp is fine, did the doc say why he was prescribing it? OPK's can be unreliable with PCOS, they have alwas been fine with me, but i know you can get false surges etc, do you temp too?
xx

Hey ladies, I'm new..can I join? i got diagnosed with pcos march 2010. My husband and I have gotten pregnant 3x since then..but they all ended in early miscarriages/chemical pregnancies...my doctors are trying to figure out why they wont stick.. i'm on 1500mg of metformin. My FS is monitoring for 1 month w/o meds..and if no O then sept. cycle will be 150 mg of clomid. we've been ttc since august 2009

Jw.. But anyone here who is using clomid.. did opks work for you?

When i was on clomid---my OB suggested i use the opks. When i start to see my FS again, he said not to use them and just go by my ultrasounds & what not.

sory for your AF johnson, she is a witch.

Why were you prescribed clomid? is it because you thought you werent ovulating? I did try to find your previous posts but too far back i think...
From what I have been told, Clomid is if you dont ovulate, or to help with Luteal phase difficulties. If you are ovulating on your own and lp is fine, did the doc say why he was prescribing it? OPK's can be unreliable with PCOS, they have alwas been fine with me, but i know you can get false surges etc, do you temp too?
xx

I started Metformin in May but the dose was way too high for me and I only took 1 pill a day instead of 2, so he gave me a new dose to take and told me to stable on the metformin then he will add clomid on in September if no pregnancy by then. We only been trying since first chemical in Feb., but I used opk's before and were all negative and in July I actually had a positive opk(for 4 days), but my doc told me not to bother with charting and temping just use the opk and see if they turn positive, which it did, but now I wonder if I still will get clomid?? Although I did get + opk, I never have CM, so I don't know if my body is fully functioning right, so we will wait and see how it all goes in September.....but maybe I will get lucky this month since I always wanted a May baby lol....

Hey ladies, I'm new..can I join? i got diagnosed with pcos march 2010. My husband and I have gotten pregnant 3x since then..but they all ended in early miscarriages/chemical pregnancies...my doctors are trying to figure out why they wont stick.. i'm on 1500mg of metformin. My FS is monitoring for 1 month w/o meds..and if no O then sept. cycle will be 150 mg of clomid. we've been ttc since august 2009

Awww welcome :) sorry to hear about all the m/c:hugs:, hopefully they can find out soon what is going on, good luck to ya and fingers x'd :)

Thanks mine also said not to use them. But I think I might still ... just for fun tho.. I'll still do everything the dr. said.

Yeah I think yet don't like you to use them in case you get false surges but I used them for a few weeks when I knew I wasn't o'ing and they were all neg, I only got my first pos with clomid so I'm pretty sure they work for me.

Johnson, are you positive you o'd? Sounds like you did but could it have been a false surge? Your doc may call u in for a progesterone test to confirm o, so that you can be sure. I don't think clomid would hurt to try but I had to fight for ages to get mine, I don't know how good they are about giving it in US. I was TTC for years before they gave it to me!! Xx

Hi! Welcome :flower:
Sorry to hear about your mc's. Hopefully they will sort it for you. You are in the best place over here!! Xxx

HI All

Johnson, aw no thats rubbish that AF came, im sorry. So clomid does lots of things, helps you produce good strong eggs, helps the egg to release, helps with the hormones and thickens your lining so even if you think you are ovulating they may still put you on it. Also as someone else said you can get false surges, i certainly did when i wasnt on the clomid. Good luck and hopefully you wont need any of it :dust:

Lola, did you test today chick?? :hugs:

Ann, yep OPKs work for me but as the girls have said there may be false surges so you really need to keep going after you get a surge and keep testing ... temping can help with this as if yuo did ovulate then you'd start producing progesterone that would increase your temps!

Ayclobes, I am sooooo sorry to hear of all your losses, it was hard enough going through one let alone more. I really feel for you ... we'll get you good and pregnant dont you worry :hugs: Have the doctors been testing your progesterone?? Low Prog is one reason for early mc's and lots of ladies are given creams or pills to take after they have ovulated to boost it.

AFM, not testing till tomorrow and im desperate ... im amazed i havent caved yet!!!!

xxxx

No not tested today and don't think I will tomm, af due on sun and think I will wait till then, if clomid hasn't lengthened my cycle... Grr.

Why haven't u tested yet??? How have u not caved?!!!

ATTENTION ALL UK TTC's
Superdrug are having half price sale on hpt's. Their own brand early tests are supposed to be good but all brands are half price at mo. Am assuming the offer is nationwide xxx

Hey everyone,

I had my 2nd acupuncture session yesterday. Since it is too late for the "doctor" to do anything for me this month, she said the needles will help me to relax and "clean" internally. I don't really understand but I just went with it. I fell asleep! :haha:

My temperature came crashing down just as I recovered from my cold so another month without ovulation. Is it really possible to have NO OVULATION for the entire year?! Yet AF keeps showing (irregular though from 22-39 days).

However, I must say that I have slightly more CM this month. I think it is because of the EPO I have started taking. Not abundance like my young days but at least it is somewhat visible when I wipe so that is good.

Clobo - Not to put pressure on you but I've been thinking about you the last few days wondering if you are pregnant! Just a hunch :hugs: all the best!

Hiya

Lola, hi!! :wave: Hee hee, i dont know how i havent caved, I am such an impatient person!! Mostly because i only had a digi in the house till yesterday, dammit i bought my superdrug tests yesterday, they were only a fiver for a twin pack and i got a twin of FRER too as i like the lines on those!!!! Good luck for sunday lady!!

Thanks Yellow, I hope I have been in your thoughts for a good reason!! Your poor thing, illness can delay ovulation so maybe thats one reason?? My acupuncturist does a lot to help me relax too, and to cool me down as im always so hot which has really worked. Hopefully they can really help you too! What is your next step??

:dust:

Yeah I think yet don't like you to use them in case you get false surges but I used them for a few weeks when I knew I wasn't o'ing and they were all neg, I only got my first pos with clomid so I'm pretty sure they work for me.

Johnson, are you positive you o'd? Sounds like you did but could it have been a false surge? Your doc may call u in for a progesterone test to confirm o, so that you can be sure. I don't think clomid would hurt to try but I had to fight for ages to get mine, I don't know how good they are about giving it in US. I was TTC for years before they gave it to me!! Xx

The opk showed positive from wed-mon, then started going back to negative...I'm very lucky I have an awesome doctor who doesn't make me wait long for anything, he always tries a med, if it doesn't work, he will try another. I believe he's all for the women since he doesn't exactly know how we feel when we go through things. I have been with this doc since I was pregnant with my 2nd child (10yrs ago) so he's aware what is and isn't normal for me. I already have an appointment set up in September for my levels to be checked, so I will wait it out to see. Hopefully clomid will give me that extra boost:thumbup:

Thanks ladies! my doctors are not sure why i keep having early m/c's. My ob did give me progesterone supps...but they're only 90mg 1x a day..i was told i should be taking more than that? i dont think i have an issue with progesterone though...b/c my cycles are pretty regular..they come when they're supposed to..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->