• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

PCOS Club!

Also joining the PCOS club. My doctor confirmed last week when my ultrasound showed my left ovary is covered, and my right one has a "classic pearl necklace." I figured I might have it since I have been irregular since I was 12 and started my period. I went on bc at 19 and finally off of it at 30. At 31 I got pregnant but miscarried at around 6 or 7 wks. Now at 32 we are really eager to start our family. My last doctor ran hormone panels when I asked but somehow missed this??? Even though I specifically asked about testosterone and PCOS. I started metformin(on day 3) and have an awful taste in my mouth today. My dr started me at 500 and told me to do 1000 the 2nd week and then 1500 the 3rd week. For those of you that take it, did the taste go away? I have been taking one pill with dinner. I have noticed some slight nausea in the morning too. Does this mean I will take pills at breakfast lunch and dinner to do all 3 or are there higher doses available when your body adapts to just take it once a day? Any people who have tried extended release and prefer it? I will take provera after 3 weeks on metformin to give myself a period and then we start with clomid. I am having periods every 2-3 months and was temping and peeing on a OPK, but not sure how valid anything was and the miscarriage was pretty bad last year. I have been an emotional mess on and off since. I am really hoping for the best that things go fairly easy from here on out. Is is ok to do vitex and other supplements while on metformin and clomid as well? Any advice or suggestions or glimmers of hope would be great!!

welcome lovie - the only think i know is some women take coq10 for egg quality

welcome venus i dont think you can take vitex with clomid maybe ask in the clomid thread I know when i took soy isoflavins you couldnt take them together

goodluck to you both

Welcome to the new ladies :flower:

Lovie I think it's wise that your doctor does not want to overstim you, as this can cause complications even if you do fall preg. I think going ahead will not lessen your chances in anyway, you are producing eggs so that's a good sign! Wishing you lots of luck!

Venus I'm so sorry about what you have had to go through :( nobody understands until they have had to experience it themselves. Keep your head up, PCOS does not = infertility please bear that in mind. See what course of action your obgyn/ fs wants to follow and stick with it. A healthy diet and the correct medication will help greatly.

Also, pcos makes it more difficult just because it's harder to track ovulation but if you are diligent and patient I'm sure your bfp is not far off!!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask us, pdmcd has been a great support to me and we always pop in to keep in touch.

:hugs:

xxx

Welcome Lovie - Hope someone can help with your questions as I'm not sure regarding IVF. I think its great that you do have regularish cycles though. You must of been really shocked at the scan, but at the same time good to know what has been the problem ?

Welcome Venusapollo - I havent been put on any medication so can't help im afraid. Sorry for your loss last year

Hey ladies,

I guess I am joining the club!

I was told today at my ultrasound that I have PCOS ovaries... It really upset me, I have my first appt with the fertility clinic on weds. I am hoping for some good news at least...

Hi ladies. I'm here looking around. I was told last month by my RE that I may have PCOS because my u/s showed that I had 15 follies on my right ovary. She said anything over 12 is considered PCOS. I'm going to call in the morning to schedule my CD3 u/s (started clomid last cycle) and schedule the PCOS test. I'm really nervous about having it. I have regular periods I get + OPK's and have a regular 14 day LP. I've had testostrone test and it was normal and I've had CD21 bloods done that says normal. I've had about every test in the world except PCOS test. I do however have weight issues. I started gaining out of nowhere and can loose it with really hard work but it comes right back. I have hair growth on the under part of my chin (It really bothers me Im constantly plucking it but luckily its not horrible or noticiable) I do have a few skin tags. IDK I'm just stressed about it, so I'm here just reading others stories hoping to see some success stories.

yay im so glad i found this group!!

hello fellow pcos ladies :D

Hi there

I still follow this thread .... just wanted to say hi :wave: and give you some PMA and some hope.

I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago after having really long cycles and not really even being able to TTC because of it .... it devastated me at the time but it was the best thing that happened because I was referred for other tests and to a Fertility Clinic where i was given Clomid. Although the clomid made me ovulate I only seem to get pregnant on natural cycles. Unfortunately the first ended in a mc but im now 17 weeks pregnant and things are going well .... so there is hope.

I used to like looking back at the beginning of this thread and see how many ladies got their BFP, had their babies and are now on their second or third by now, that used to cheer me up and give me hope.

:hug: xxx

I also succeeded in getting a BFP and now I am 10 weeks away from meeting my son! So it is possible and women beat PCOS all the time! I did have to go the FS route and with the help of metformin, femara and the HCG shot.
I can't believe it sometimes but my dream is coming true! Don't lose hope!

Ladies thanks so much for coming back on to share your stories with us new people. I'm waiting on the return call from the nurse at my RE's office about the PCOS test. I have a clomid check u/s on Thursday so I'm hoping to do it both on the same day.

ive fallen pregnant twice, sadly both ended in mc but it deffinetly is possible!
praying that next time my bean sticks xox

I am glad to have this group! I too have PCOS. Was diagnosised 12yrs when I was 19. I have been through alot during this time. Because of the PCOS, my weight reached almost 370 lbs. Cycles were extremely irregular and I have really bad facial and body hair. I was insulin restitant till I lost almost 150 lbs. I have had one successful pregnancy and one miscarriage. We are currently TTC. We had started TTC back in 2008, but put it on hold in 2009 to have Lap Band surgery and drop some weight. In Oct 2010, we started trying again after I had dropped 100 lbs. At this point, we have done 3 rounds of clomid with regular OB and 3 rounds with RE. Only have ovulated twice. This last month was the 2nd time and am currently doing the 2WW. I test on Sunday.

*fingers crossed*

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18, I am 29 now. My doc at the time said she thought she saw follicles on my ovaries, but I have had ulreasounds done since then and none of my docs have ever seen any cysts, although I would swear with how painful my periods are that I get them every time.

My cycles are beyond irregular, I can go for 6 months with nothing and then have a period that lasts 6 months. Right now the last one I had lasted 2 weeks, which was kind of nice that it was short, but that was 2 months ago. I have embarassing facial hair that I shave off, and I can't lose weight at all without starving myself, which is not healthy. I recently had my gall bladder removed, which caused me to gain 30 pounds after losing 10 through not being able to eat and a ton of exercise, and it is frustrating to know that it will be hard for me to lose again.

My fiancee and I have been TTC for the past 3 years. I was working with a gyno who put me on bcp after she tested my hormones and they were equivalent to those of a post menopausal woman, except for my testosterone, which was high. We were going to try clomid, but I lost my job and my insurance right beforehand. I am taking Vitex, because I read that it is supposed to help with PCOS, and I am taking prenatal vitamins, just in case I get lucky.

Oh, they have done several insulin tests on me, and all of them have come back normal, so I don't have that problem thankfully.

Gysp. I also had normal insulin levels, my dr put me on metformin, and amazinits hepgly my cycles are regular and its beloed me loose weight (along with diet and exercise)

Im glad im on it- im not sure if im willing to take clomid

Goodluck

Anyone get pain in their hip / groin ive had it on my rightside now for a couple of days and wondered if its linked to my PCOS as it doesnt feel like muscular pain? Never noticed it before

Hi Jellycat,

I used to get this feeling when I was about to ovulate, especially when I was on the clomid, my ovaries felt like footballs with golf balls stuck all over them and then after i ovulated they felt almost bruised. If it continues id go to your doc, better to be safe than sorry and im sure they will just put your mind at ease chick

xxx

Omg just had to wax neck! Yes neck as I have so much hair! Never noticed it was so bad! Had a few hairs which i normally able to pluck out but now I have a full on beard! Just thought I might share the shock with you all!

Danielle I used to have similar issues until I had laser treatment costs £35 a session and I only need to go about once every 6 months now.

I also have hair issues laser hair treatment is my BFF

I always blamed it on my dad lol the Italian but it wasn't
Lovely hormone side effect

Hey everyone quick question. I started clomid on April 2, but my last period was 2 months prior. RE said my lining was thin enough that I didn't need to have a period before starting clomid. So my question is was April 2nd the first day of my cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"