PCOS? Trying to lose weight? Gather here!!!

wooohooo another 1lb this morning, which makes 3 in total this week!

Hiya!

I'm currently on the WeightWatchers plan and have lost 3st 1lb so far. Still got another 4st to lose to be at my goal weight. I was recently told that I have PCOS and have mostly been overweight since being around 14 and I'm now 24. Over the years I've tried lots of weight loss plans but this is the best I have have found personally. Hopefully it keeps working! :thumbup:

I'm BACK!

After a shitty few weeks, I've gained god knows how much. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning - I reckon I've put on half a stone due to comfort eating/not being arsed to cook etc. However, it's now only TWO weeks till my holiday and I'm scared my tankini ain't gonna fit :blush:

SO..........my plan for the next two week is as follows.

3 days of apple detox - this is to kick start my diet and clear out all of the toxins that are bound to have accumulated in the past couple of weeks. Not looking forward to it as I've done it before and you get headaches and generally feel like crap, but needs must and I know I'll feel better by day four. Basically it's just apples and nowt else for 3 days and plenty of water. While doing this part I will be having an epsom salt bath every night after a rigorous body brush - again helps to remove the toxins.

from day 4 to day 14 I'm going to stick to 800 cals a day, consisting of mainly fruit and veg, with the occasional low fat natural yoghurt and chicken/fish for protein. No carbs!

So if you see me doing any of this over the next fortnight:wine::lolly::pizza::icecream::drunk::munch:you have my permission to give me a severe kick up the backside!!!

Hey everyone.

ClaireLR you sound so positive and with it hon. Good for you, well done! That determination can only help. I only have one observation, hope you don't mind. You said 800 kcals mainly of fruits. That's carbs. Well that's sugar which is carbs. But as long as you're counting those and are on plan that's great.

As for me getting there after a nasty TOTM plateau it's moving down again. I have 42 days of Cambridge left and then it's on to refeed towards Atkins-like-low-carb-high-protein-high-fat Maintenance. Can't wait.

Have a good dieting week everyone!

Well done Sparkle!!!!!!

It's fab to have you back with us again Claire! You'll soon shift everything you gained while you were away.

I put 1lb on last week. Feeling a bit fed up but going to be extra good this week and will hopefully see another loss this week.

Well done on getting over your plateau MissAma!

Hope everyone has a good week!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi can i join... i lost over a stone over the past 2 months.. think i have put half of it back on again now though need to get weighed.. so im going back on my soup and sugar free jelly diet... it works! lol although its mega boring! xxx

arrrrrrrgh stupid bloody scales. the battery wen, and now I've gained 2lbs back. dammit!

and I'm certain clomid has done sod all, no ewcm this cycle

Hey girls, thought i would stop by and say hey!! I've got PCOS and Iam trying so hard to lose weight, i just feel like i can't lose the pounds, i eat health and walk every so often, but still can't lose the weight!!! I'm getting very frusterated!!! Every time i look into the mirror i just wanna cry!!!

Hi and welcome hon :)

I was wrong, it was 3lbs! :O must do better.

I've had ewcm the last few days, but not alot. blood test is monday though, so theres notmuch likelyhood of that being good. DH doesnt want us to use opks because I'll get obsessed with ttc again, which I can understand. Just a nuisance that my body is so unco-operative.

hi,is anyone here considering weight loss surgery?

All I can say about WLS is that you REALLY should look into Very Low Caloric meal replacement diets and try one out before you do. Cambridge, LighterLife, you name it. The weight loss is far faster than after surgery, no operations, no pain, and no permanent alterations of your body. That is if speed is what you need, if not then a Low Carb life style is FAR healthier than any WLS out there!

Surgery is not a quick fix and I know many many people who wish they hadn't done it before they had really exhausted their options particularly because if one has food issues one doesn't sort, the band won't stop anyone from staying morbidly obese if they chew their chips and melt their chocolate.

Hi Ladies,

I have suffered PCOS since i was 16, it's tough. I am 28 now and TTC.

For years my weight has been creeping up and it's really gotten me down. It is so hard to shift the weight.

Due to us ladies with PCOS having possble hormone imbalance and sugar resistance, my GP prescribe me a drug called Metformin.

It's not a fertility drug, but it helps level out the sugar in your body so when you exercise, the body can burn the sugars instead of storing it as fat.

Í have recently started on the medication and it is working. One week after starting on Metformin, i had my first period in two years and have lost 2 kilos.

It's really something you may want to consider.

I think a few of the girls are on met... I find it does nothing for me, but I have been fully tested for insulin resistance, and it isnt a factor of pcos that affects me unfortunately.

Hi ladies,

Haven't been on for a while and just wondered how everyone was doing? I didn't go to weigh in last week as it clashed with my accupuncture session but I suspect I gained as I'm giving up smoking and seem to be compensating with anything I can put in my mouth :dohh:. Will weigh in tomorrow and will have to face the music!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi girls,
Can i please join in??
I have pcos and i am about a stone over weight and really struggling to shift the stone!!
I have done diets in the past when on bc and they work, but since stoppin bc to ttc the weight isnt shifting!

Just wanna try slimming world but with now knowin i have pcos and stuff is slimming world best choice for me, cause i am a veggie and only stick to green days, and i heard having carbs with pcos isnt a good idea????? Some advice would be good or would weight watchers be better for me????
xxxxx

Hi hon,

I've done both and get on better with SW than I did with WW. I'm not vegetarian but generally have more green days than red days. You need to limit simple carbs with PCOS but complex are OK (I think it's that way around) so things like brown rice, wholemeal pasta etc are fine which you can have on green days. I tend not to eat masses of carbs on green days anyway and fill up with salads, veg, eggs etc

If you're more of a fussy eater I would probably recommend WW if you don't like a lot of stuff.

Feel free to PM me if you want
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stupid *&%^*) clomid. Progesterone was only 2.4 :( wondering what the point is...

Oh sweetie, try not to be too downhearted. Clomid's a bit of a mystery to me 'cause I've never taken it so can't really offer any words of wisdom but try and stay positive. I know it's hard but I do belive we'll all get there in the end :hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, hope you don't mind me joining in the conversation...

I have PCOS and it sucks :cry:. I was very lucky to have my daughter and it only happened after 2 and a half heartbreaking years, copious amounts of Metformin, painful scan after painful scan and the atkins diet! I never got as far as Clomid because, I found out I was expecting that month!! The doctor told me a low-carb diet along with heart-racing exercise was the ONLY was to lose weight with PCOS because the carbs turn to fat and so I did Atkins. I lost 1 and a half stone, I was still overweight but, it kick started my hormones enough so I could conceive my terror! Please don't give up, girls, it will happen. We relaxed so much when I was due to start Clomid so, that helped too because we didn't try 'too hard!'

Here I am trying again with an added problem - I don't ovulate whatsoever. Oops!! A long road ahead of me I know but, I did it before and with faith and determination (and lots of intervention!) I will do it again.

:hugs: to you all xx

oh girls, I've gotten so useless with my weight loss! Must start afresh tomorrow! Lots of stressful stuff going on, and failing on the ttc stuff again doesnt help.

So tomorrow is going to be a detox day, lots of fruit and water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->