pediatrician referral UPDATE

Well, anyways, after all that advice, I did want to offer a hug too:) I completely get how frustrating it is...It seemed never ending with all the constant clothing changes, always needing a bib on to try and catch the spit up, complete laundry loads of nothing but spit up burp cloths....Nothing I did/tried stopped the spitting up. THey just had to outgrow it. Luckily, with both of my boys, it never bothered them in the slightest aside from being completely annoying to me. LOL.

ETA: And although it didn't work for me, still wanted to offer the advice for you, as you never know which babies it will work for and which it wont

THANK YOU!! i am totally sick of people looking into his pram and saying 'ohh why is he wearing a bib, it doesnt matter if his clothes get wet from dribble' well actually it does bcos then his vest gets wet, then his chest is wet, how about i wet your top and leave u wet all day? and secondly the bib is there to catch sick that he constantly brings up, but thank you for your input..
then when i wash his used bibs and hang them on the line, u see a while washing line FULL of bibs, people must look and think its took me all week to wash all 25 of them bibs, well no it hasnt, this is a daily task, especially when he wears the waterproof/plastic backed ones, underneath the big square ones LOL, the waterproof ones so his clothes stay dry, and the square ones cos they catch it when it somehow goes down his back haha!!
it is so frustrating, i mean it doesnt bother him but i would like to be sick all day every day before and after a feed, it cant be nice.. i will try what you have suggested, would you suggest i try this with the enfamil, comfort milk or get him some normal milk?

I breastfed for the first 4 months with DS1, then switched him to formula after beign back at work and having a severe supply issue. I used Similac for spit up. It had added rice starch to try and help, but honestly, I don't think it made a difference. I also tried "gentle" formulas for sensitive tummies, and that made no difference either. But he had been spitting up on breastmilk too, so it wasn't just the formula not being the right one.

Same story with DS2, other than I breastfed him for 6 months, and then he had expressed milk up until 7 months, then switched to formula. Tried same things with formula, no difference in any of them as far as helping him not spit up.

Weaning was actually pretty awful at first, just to forewarn you, as they didn't stop spitting up right away. It was few months into weaning before they outgrew it. So then it was a mix of milk and colored spit up, from their foods. Which stains much worse than just milk. When you get to that point, I found the Dreft brand laundry stain spray really good for getting those spit up stains out.

okay so.. OH made the last bottle of enfamil and LO took 2 oz then went to sleep, a hour later he woke up and wanted a bottle, i gave him 2 oz and winded him, he was fine, didnt want no more, but was sick after. another hour later he had another 2 oz, again was still sick another 2oz later he fell asleep so wasnt sick this time, but woke up about 2 hours later and was sick, i gave him a bottle of c&g hungry baby he had a few more oz, bathed 30 mins later and again he was sick.. about half hour after the bath he had a further 1.5 oz and went to sleep.. he woke this morning at 8am, so i made him his normal 7oz bottle of the hungry milk, after 2 oz, a burp and trying to distract him, he was still hungry, so i gave him more, again after 2 oz still cranky so he ended up finishing the bottle and was sick straight after, this is alot sooner than he was before on the enfamil, he was sick for 2 hours on and off, until he had another oz and fell asleep... lets see how it goes for the rest of the day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->