pee'd off with ebay - new q. post 1!

C

cherryglitter

it may be the hormones but i'm so angry.

£3.90 postage.. yeah love it actually cost you 92p... you sent it second class. not even recorded, in a mailing bag.
(i know i knew this when i bought it but meh)

how can you describe something as good condition, when actually, you haven't sent the outersleeve with the DVD, it's completely tattered and some of the jewel cases inside have come away.

raaaaaaaaah!

UPDATE:

the dvd boxset person has said they'll issue me with a refund when i send the items back. now... obviously i will send them recorded. but does the refund get issued back straight away? i'm just worried that they might play the idiot and say they haven't gotten it back even though they have...

surely if royal mail online say it's been signed for then i should get the refund..

If she accepts returns, I'd return it and say it wasn't as advertised. As for the postage, I swear some people make it up as they go along.

i'd definately complain about the state of the item whether she accepts returns or not!

i've just complained. she's given me a partial refund of 25p. i won the tops for 99p, but the postage was £3. (which she didn't pay at all). also... she tried pulling a fast one saying that paypal had taken 30p off her so she didn't make much money from the sale. i told her that paypal would've taken that from the postage too, not just the item.

it's the principle of it. i don't know why people think they can get away with sending rubbish to people.

eBay postage is ridiculous these days - I sometimes see something i like but its a 99p start with a £4.00 postage cost and its something really lightweight.

So frustrating.

yeah it pee's me off! it never ever used to be like this.
people are trying to sell and make a huge profit. i miss the good old days when you'd win something and pay £1.50 postage tops so you were getting a bit of a bargain.
i thought that was what ebay was all about.

:jo:

the problem is they take 10% from all sales now regardless of how small where as it used to be less for lower priced items, so people add extra to the postage to try and make some money that way.

If you see a listing with blatantly rip-off postage costs you can report it :flower: Ebay take a dim view of it because they see it as trying to circumvent fees (since final value fees are charged on the price of the item and not postage cost).

she was lying then anyway. she tried to tell me ebay took 20p off her final value fee. for a 99p item.
i just couldn't be bothered to argue. :rofl:

she was lying then anyway. she tried to tell me ebay took 20p off her final value fee. for a 99p item.
i just couldn't be bothered to argue. :rofl:

lol naa it would only of been 9 or 10p as its only 10%, then pp would of taken a bit too but silly woman for lying:dohh:

i think they think some people are thick. . . not me missy!

i've seen really nice items on there that i've wanted to bid on but when someone is charging £4 for one babyvest I think screw that!! I know for as fact it wouldn't cost anymore than £1.70 to post a vest!
I've also paid £3.50 p&p when it was sent to me in a tesco carrier (which for starters are free) and the postage stamp was £1.51!! I NEVER overcharge on postage as I want to keep my 5 star rating and I also don't think it's fair on the buyer to be ripped off like that!!!

no, it is ripping people off. horrible! i keep my postage costs so low as i don't want people to be put off. i still send in a mailing bag or a proper envelope.

i usually rip myself off on postage :dohh:

i just sold some huge mens jeans and guessed postage at £4 get to the post office £4.41!!!!

lol oh well il know next time x

yeah i've started weighing stuff at home now. i don't mind too much if i've made a bit of money on the item but not when it's like 99p lol!

They have no excuse to overcharge on postage...if you ask at any post office they will give you a list of weight bands with the prices.xx

I hate postage on ebay but normally thats because I under price we charged £3 postage and sold an item for 99p the postage came to £5.50! Complain though if she has way over charged you hun

i've left her positive feedback but i have said that the postage was way too high and given her one star. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->