Peed off!!

Beautywithin

Mummy of two
Reaction score
So thru out my pregnancy im still yet to get my blood test results back! my MW said that i did'nt need them done till 27 weeks ( everyone was telling me thats rather late, but MW knows best right? anyway went to have them done only at my 28 week appt for my MW to say, they didnt take your full blood count, so i went back at 30 weeks to have it done, rang up last week to ask my MW are they back yet, she rang them and they said they are not back, MW said it looks as if they have lost them, so get them done yet again, so went back friday and got it done, after 2 and a half hours waiting to get them taken, i see my MW tomoz, and im gunna be extremely annoyed if they are lost or not back yet, everyone else i know seems to have had there bloods done twice by now, and obviously if there is something wrong, i want to know

Rant OVER lol xx

Thats ridiculous!!!

How can they possibly lose them that many times??!!!

I would be seriously peeved. Hope you're ok and your results are back 2moro x

^^

No i didnt., thats why im worrying, she didnt mention anything about bloods at my first appt, not sure if she expected me to remember everything from like 5 years ago from when i had my daughter, but she could have least reminded me

only info she has is what blood group i am, x

Crikey, that all sounds like madness! I've probably had my bloods taken around 5 times now. I had suspected GD developing so I had to do a GTT and my MW asked for another full blood count at the same time. That was on a Thursday afternoon and by the time of my regular antenatal app the next day she had the results back.

Did you not have your bloods taken very early on in pregnancy too - to check for things like rubella immunity and to verify your blood group?

Your meant to have bloods done at booking so they can compare them with the bloods done at 28 weeks.

how annoying :growlmad: ive had 3 blood tests by now and im not as far along as you :dohh: hope they sort it out for you xx

^^

No i didnt., thats why im worrying, she didnt mention anything about bloods at my first appt, not sure if she expected me to remember everything from like 5 years ago from when i had my daughter, but she could have least reminded me

only info she has is what blood group i am, x

I'd be phoning the midwifery unit if I were you! I've always known my blood group as I'm rare and it's always been on my NHS record, but they *still* double checked that at my booking app! I had my first lot of tests at the beginning of June, where they checked for blood group, HIV/Syphillis/Hep B status (the cheek! :D ), rubella immunity, platelet and FBC. I'm low risk and that's all pretty standard. I had another at 28 weeks, another as part of my GTT at 34 weeks, and because they could see my iron levels going down from those two I had another at 36 weeks.

I'd definitely not rely on your MW for this one - get a second opinion from the unit or even go and see your GP to ask. It really doesn't matter what your results were 5 years ago tbh :)

HTH

I'd be annoyed too. I had bloods taken at my booking appointment and again at my 28 week appointment xx

Hope you get results tomorrow. I also had bloods done at booking and then again at 28 weeks. I thought this was pretty standard xx

Hun this is shocking...you should have at least had some done at booking-in around 12 weeks!!! Every pregnancy is different and they should treat them all individually- no way should they be relying on readings years old!!

let us know if u get it sorted tomorrow hun...sounds like shoddy nhs organisation to me!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->