Pelvic Girdle Pain

marley2580

Reaction score
Well I saw the doctor today and he agrees that it sounds like I've got pelvic girdle pain due to the pain in my hips, but he's not wanting to give me anything for it unless the pain gets too bad. I'm moving next week, so I'll be changing midwives, so I'll mention it then. In the mean time, anyone got any tips for managing it?

Sorry hun im on tramadol my SPD and Siatica are so bad ....

Bath maybe or warm lavender packs

xxx

I bought a belt for SI joint pain. Can't for the life of me remeber what it was called. It goes around your hips and holds everything stable. Not a miracle cure but does ease things and stops you over doing it, it was recommended to me by my physio. Heat packs as Imi suggested and warm bath although i found it didn't always help.

Take it easy and don't over do it. Other than that not sure. Always keep legs together when u get in and out of car.

I ended up on crutches i was in agony plus painkillers. My lovely consultant induced me at 37 weeks as a result.
Just remembered it was a serola SI belt and i got it from here

https://www.appliedbiomechanics.co.uk/

:hugs: hun its really not nice. Take it easy.

Bugger it, I'm going back to the doctor and asking for a referral to a physio. I've done some reading and all the websites say you should see a physio and that you can get a belt - all the doctor offered me was painkillers. I'd rather prevent the pain or reduce it, rather than popping pills.

My physio gave me a support belt for bump, and long sexy tubi-grip that goes from under your boobs, to just below hips. I had to buy my other belt as they didn't provide on NHS was a god send mind. I got crutches too, but i could barely move legs apart, could barely get up stairs and couldn't walk only shuffle feet like a penguin lol.

I would def get referred to phsio to see what support belts are available.

Bugger it, I'm going back to the doctor and asking for a referral to a physio. I've done some reading and all the websites say you should see a physio and that you can get a belt - all the doctor offered me was painkillers. I'd rather prevent the pain or reduce it, rather than popping pills.

I got reffered for physio in april ....

Got the appointment thru friday ....

For middle of september :rofl:

I got referral from GP then had to ring hospital a wek later for appointment

Our hospitals are shite here ....

My Consultant 9origional one) said there no point in going as my joints are that inflamed it would just agrevate more!

Still annoyed it took em so long!

xxx

my physio didn't do anything lol think i must have been beyond help, so nothings changed there!

Hiya, just saw this I had PGP with Dylan, your lucky they got it right, its commonly misdiagnised as siatica. Pain killers arnt the best idea as they just mask the pain so you end up over doing things. What are you doing at the moment work wise, are you on maternety yet? I had to give up working cause of it really early, you could always see about going on sick leave untill you can start maternety pay. Cause TBH the only way to really help it is to got do anything to agrivate it ie walking or doing much in the way of bending over and certainly no lifting. Like Caroline I had a tubygrip bandgae thing and a support belt which helped me feel a little more stable and supported. But Physio is def the best way to go as they manipulate your hips and legs to ease the pain. It wont stop the problem, but if your particularly achey it will ease it off for you.

I'm only 23 weeks so not due to go maternity for months yet. But I work in a office where I'm not allowed to do any lifting and if I feel unwell I can just go home, so there's not a problem with work. It is only affecting me at night at the moment, with a bit of run on in the morning. Some nights (like last night) it's not too bad, but other nights I wake up several times with the pain and just can't get comfy.

I don't think that it's too bad at the moment, but I'm only 23 weeks and have another 4 months ahead of me, and I can't help thinking that it's going to get worse so I want to get help before it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->