Pelvic Imflamatory Disease (PID)

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
What a couple of weeks I've had, I had a bleed after sex during ovulation time last week, pains in my tummy and left side during ov and a little bit tender now still. Went to the docs this morning and she has swabbed me for all sorts and said I have a slightly 'frayed cervix', when she touched it with the swab it bled a little and I was quite tender on my pelvis/low tummy during examination.

I had chlamydia a few years ago which went untreated for a while and developed into PID, the doc talked to me about that as it's the only familiar feeling I can relate this pelvic pain to (it wad 2002 I was treated) and she said it may have caused probs. She scared me a little, told me that the scarring caused by PID can cause Fallopian tubes blockage and I may need assistance to get pregnant. I think she thought she said too much as she backtracked and said it might not be that and to give it a few more cycles before worrying. Said I'd be a good ivf candidate! I'm glad she was upfront but I didn't think I would be having the ivf chat ever and it's a little upsetting.

Anyone else have PID? Or anything similar to my probs?

Xx

hi i havent got pid, but didnt want go read and fun, i hope u get your bfp :)

i dunno, ive posted things before and not had a reply, just depends, try ttc1 or npnt, i dont know alot about it pid, but i wish you well ttc x

I dont have PID but why dont you see if you can get an HSG to see if your tubes are blocked? If they are the HSG could clear some of it up if its not scarring.

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with chlamydia but had it for a number of years, at least 4, without any symptoms so it went untreated. I only went to the docs because of severe pains which in the end turned out to be PID. I've finished treatment and apparently it's all gone but the docs won't do tests to see if I've got any damage from it until I have trouble getting pregnant. Which obviously doesn't help me in the time when I'm constantly worrying, I'd rather know from the start if I have a chance instead of wondering all the time.
Anyway! Sorry for all the waffle, I don't even have an answer for you, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going through the same thing and I hope everything works out for you x

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with chlamydia but had it for a number of years, at least 4, without any symptoms so it went untreated. I only went to the docs because of severe pains which in the end turned out to be PID. I've finished treatment and apparently it's all gone but the docs won't do tests to see if I've got any damage from it until I have trouble getting pregnant. Which obviously doesn't help me in the time when I'm constantly worrying, I'd rather know from the start if I have a chance instead of wondering all the time.
Anyway! Sorry for all the waffle, I don't even have an answer for you, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going through the same thing and I hope everything works out for you x

Hi, I had a vaginal swabs today and she checked my cervix and told me ive a 'frill on my cervix'which may be hpv, and she wants to send me for an sti screening.
Im completely freaking out and terrified :(
Me and my partner have had only had sex with each other we never had partners before we met each other so im completely baffled. Just thought id say x

I dont have PID but why dont you see if you can get an HSG to see if your tubes are blocked? If they are the HSG could clear some of it up if its not scarring.

I'll see what comes back from the swabs next week and will take it from there, hoping it all comes back clear.

I'm with you hun, I had Chlamydia for god knows how long before it was detected, I also went to the docs with pains and they swabbed me. Because I wasn't thinking about babies at the time I dealt with it but always in the back of my mind I have had niggles about what will happen when I TTC. My doc wants me to give it another few cycles before getting fertility testing started but now its on my mind I'm going to be worrying.

Hi, I had a vaginal swabs today and she checked my cervix and told me ive a 'frill on my cervix'which may be hpv, and she wants to send me for an sti screening.
Im completely freaking out and terrified :(
Me and my partner have had only had sex with each other we never had partners before we met each other so im completely baffled. Just thought id say x

Ahh try and not worry too much, easier said than done I know. HPV doesn't have to mean anything serious, apparently we all have the virus at some point in our lives and it rectifies itself.

It seems every women in my family has had abormailites caused by HPV that were eaily remedied, but those remedies can compromise the cervix which can be an issue for pregnancies. I am hoping mine holds up ;)

And I was tested at my last pap and it seems my body has "shed" the virus. It is also my understanding that HPV can be transmitted through things like kissing, which is why the recommended that vaccine for girls as young as 11. Is this right?

Hi I no this post is quite old now but thought I would still post, I had chlamydia for 3 years which turned in to PID, I was told at the time that I may not be able to concieve naturally but that they wouldnt do any tests until I had been trying for a baby for 12 months. My and My husband started trying and fell pregnant the first month! Just wanted to let you know a happy story as I remember when trawling through the internet when I first found out it was really horrible to read all the horror stories.

Good luck!

I was diagnosed accidentally with pid after going into hosp with appendicitis, the dr told me it was bad I rekon I probably had it for eight years without knowing. He said my fertilty was going to be affected.
Several years on I am 5 weeks pregnant and terrified of eptopic pregnancy, any advice would be greatly welcomed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->