People ruining names

I hate more than anything when I told someone very close the name we chose, and she proceeded to tell me every person she has ever met named that was an asshole and asking me not to name her that. :/ what do we even say to that

I hate more than anything when I told someone very close the name we chose, and she proceeded to tell me every person she has ever met named that was an asshole and asking me not to name her that. :/ what do we even say to that

What you say is "well, if you don't like the name then don't call your daughter that"..

Those are people YOU know. Not people WE know. Now you'll know someone with that name that isn't an asshole so your welcome.

Liam, Noah, every form of bella, sophie/Sophia are the ones we hear a lot.

Oh this happened with dd1. I was set on the name Kaylee. Told my grandma, who immediately told me it was horrible because people would think of CASEY Anthony....she the proceeded to tell her boyfriend who said it sounded like a dog's name....and he then kept "accidentally" calling my dog Kaylee....her name was Shelby. People suck.

Who is Casey Anthony??

Oh this happened with dd1. I was set on the name Kaylee. Told my grandma, who immediately told me it was horrible because people would think of CASEY Anthony....she the proceeded to tell her boyfriend who said it sounded like a dog's name....and he then kept "accidentally" calling my dog Kaylee....her name was Shelby. People suck.

Who is Casey Anthony??

A woman in the US who murdered her daughter Kaylee and got away with it. Very tragic story.

Yup it makes me so mad. We decided on family names seen as both of our dads have passed away and we constantly get crit from people. Then we get the stupid people saying "why don't you use Emily instead of Emma or Michael instead of Michel" :growlmad:

2bh I haven't allowed people's opinions to sway me. I told my mom before I tell pregnant what i would call my first daughter and she hates it but that's what hee name will be so lol

I've told a few people and some people love it others hate it so now I just don't mention it.

As for double barrels names I have a double barrelled first name and I LOVE IT! People always ask me why and it can be an interesting topic of discussion:)

I got that at work with my first daughter when I told them I was calling her Delilah one girl was like well that's a name for a cow not a child :dohh: I love it though so that's what mattered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->