People who used Jarred food

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
Firsty could you tell me how old you baby is and how much they eat on a average day?

My Daughter is 7 month old and she'll have on an average day

Breakfast
3 spoons of powdered porridge with 1oz milk (which she never finishes, she sometimes gets about 1/2 wqay through it)
3oz milk

Lunch
1/3 of a small non lumpy jarred food
1/4 rusk OR 1/5 banana OR 1/2 carton of pureed fruit
3oz milk

Afternoon (3ish)
2oz milk

Dinner
1/3 of a small non lumpy jarred food
1/4 rusk OR 1/5 banana OR 1/2 carton of pureed fruit
3oz milk

Night (9ish)
4oz HIPP bedtime milk

And about 5oz of juice through out the day.

Now compaired to my friends my daughter eats hardly anything. A lot of my friends babies have about 6 spoons of porridge and want more for brekki and at lunch they'll have 2 jars and a whole banana plus a snack with their afternoon milk and a full stage 2 jar at tea time.

There's no chance my daughter will eat that i strggle so much to get her to eat she's just not interested in food. She's gaining weight and is happy and healthy so i'm happy but i was wondering what you baby ate like.

aimee will have a full ellas house sachet of banana or mango brekki for breakfast

she doesnt have dinner yet,

for tea she has about half a jar of dinner and a full pudding (the smaller jars)

plus boobie milk and juice when she feels like it

and carrots, toast etc throughout the day

Alex was pretty much the same, he was hard work with weaning! Up untill recently he only had half a jar and a youghurt/fruit puree with maybe a bit of toast or finger food fruit.
He doesnt have snacks either, its just the 3 meals a day and his milk.

With the breakfast do you give it before milk or after? We found Alex never wanted breakfast with his bottle so we do breakfast first then a bottle 1-2 hours later.

Josh is 9 months-
Breakfast - Baby porridge, about 3-4 heaped spoons mixed with cows milk & toast (doesn't normally finish his toast)

Lunch - If we go out he normally has half a stage 2 jar with a yoghurt and a satsuma (or anything orangy) at home he'll have a sandwhich made with one slice of bread with yoghurt and fruit

Snack - A baby biscuit/or some baby crisps - maybe some apple or pear

Dinner - A full stage 2 jar, a little dessert

Bed - 8oz bedtime milk and maybe a yoghurt

He's only been eating this much the last couple of weeks since he cut out his morning and afternoon bottle - he'll also have watered down apple juice through the day - about 3ozish

Andrew's about half the size of a normal weaning baby (just 9lb), he consumes:

7am - 150ml EBM
...... - quarter weetabix with milk (we tried porridge and he didn't like it)

11am - 150ml EBM

3pm - 125ml EBM
...... - 4 cubes of homemade puree, about equivalent of 1/4 jar

7pm - 125ml EBM

We haven't started adding a third meal yet, we're going very slowly as although he's officially 6 months, he's only 3 months corrected.

my lo has:

6 oz milk when he wakes at 7:30
a whole weetabix with full fat milk at around 9amish
lunch: the whole jar of stage 2 hipp organic jar, pus a stage one dessert or equivalent portions of homemade food
around 3:30pmish-6 oz milk
dinner: a small bowl of baby pasta and a dessert jar
8:30pm- 6 oz milk and bed.

im just starting to give him finger foods so i can start weaning him of the 3:30pm milk in particular xx

luca is 8.5 mths old.

he eats normally 2 stage 2 jars of babyfood. fruit and veg. then a whole kids yogurt for snack...

between 21-24 ounces formula ( mixed with alot of rice cereal for reflux)

When Grady was about 6 months, he still drank a lot of bottles obviously.
But he had some cereal from breakfast. At that point I think it was probably 1TBSP. For lunch he didn't have anything, because at first I found that he stopped taking bottles so I had to cut out some of the solids to make sure he'd still drink formula!
At dinner he usually had 1TBSP cereal, and 1oz of a veg and a fruit!
The occasional rusk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->