Perfect name.... second thoughts?

AlaskaWife

1 MMC
Reaction score
So have you ever really loved a name (and I mean like no debate perfect agreement off the bat loved a name), and then met someone who gave you second thoughts about it? We really loved the name Benjamin, biblical, classic, and with a nice variety of nickname options (Benji in particular), however then we met someone who has a son named Ben, and the kid was so obnoxious and rude that I'm honestly debating if we can even use the name anymore, even though we plan to use a different variation. Has that happened to anyone? Did you stick with the name you both loved (and flows so nicely with a family middle name and our surname), or try to find something different?:shrug:

Hasn't happened with a name I loved but I can see where you're coming from. My advice would still be to "get over it" though. I totally understand this kid putting you off the name but he's not going to be in your life for long. Your own Benjamin will be a lovely, clever, well-behaved little boy (of course ;)) and he'll more than make up for the one difficult namesake.
I'm biased though, as I think Benjamin is a great name! It's classic but not tired sounding, not too common but not unheard of, cute on a baby and respectable on a grown man. So all in all I'd agree with you, it's a perfect name! So don't let one bad association put you off, you won't even remember this other kid in a few years. Or he migh grow into a wonderful young man who you'd be proud to share your son's name. :haha:

I can usually look past negative connections with a name if I love it.

If it makes you feel any better, I know a really wonderful Benji. ;) I think it's a great name!

I known some great Benji's and Ben's. Some of the best people I've ever met, actually. Ben's always seem to be really awesome people. Don't know why! I would shrug it off, forget about it, and focus on the name. Your son will be totally different and once he has that name (if you decide to use it) no one else will matter. Benjamin will always mean your son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->