• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Perfect prep question

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
I've ordered this today for bump. Got in in the asda baby event.

If I remember right it only starts at 4ounces, so what age do babies mostly start to have this amount?
& also how often does the filter need Changing? & does it come with a filter or will I need to buy one for the first use?

Planning on breastfeeding for as long as possible but didn't enjoy it with dd so not going to force myself

Thanka

Our daughter didn't start having bigger bottles until around 4 months old but I think that's spurt late from reading other threads.

Yes you will have to buy a filter and when you change it will really depend on how many bottled you make up and at what size. Our LO is 10.5 months old and we are on our 3rd filter which will prob be the last as she will move onto cows milk in the next few months.

What did you do when she was little?
Make it the correct way? Or just make up an extra ounce and bin it?d

It comes with the first filter. We have been using ours since dd2 was about 6/8 weeks old and have only had to change the filter once so far x

I've just bought one today. DS is taking 4oz now, but I'd make up 4oz and dispose of 1oz if I were you. I read somewhere that you can 'cheat' the machine in to making 3oz, but I'm not sure how safe that is.

The filter should last up to 3 months I think, depending on how many feeds you make with the machine. It does come with a filter and the replacements are around £7.99. :flower:

I've got this for Pixie and my mum said the same as Red Rose - it'd probably be easiest and quickest to just make up the 4oz and dump the last 1!

I did think thAt but for every 4 you make you waste a whole feed which could get expensive!

I can't really remember the early days but I never made them any other way so must have just started on the 4oz and threw away (if any) the remainder. For the first month we used the ready made cartons as advised so I'm thinking after this month she was probably nearly on 4oz anyway.

Regards to the filter it does come with the first one and is supposed to last 3moths but that's based on 6oz bottles (I forget how many a day) so we didn't change ours till around 6 months as we didn't use it till 1month old and then she wasn't on 6ozs for a while so lasted a lot longer. We still now at 9months have only changed it the once and now her bottles are dropping again now she's on solids so cant see us needing ever change it again

It is by far the best purchase we have used it for night feeds by the bed grunt the early days and just means no havin to make them up or heatin the old fashioned way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->