• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Perhaps colic aint the problem!

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
We started giving Oliver 4 ounces instead of 3 last night and we had a really good night with him! He wasnt fussing and slept like a log- although took him an hour to actaully get sleep. He settled at midnight and didnt wake until 4:30 am. Which is the longest hes ever slept. Were lucky if we get an hour! He just seemed so much less stressy and really chilled and contented! Seems clear to me my poor boy is hungry and thats why hes so upset and restless.

Only problem is when we give him the 4ounces he sicks it all back up-hes fine with 3 ounce, only 4ounce makes him sick...

So now i dunno what to do for the best! I guess i could change the sma gold to the white one, cus apparently its thicker so makes baby feel fuller..OR could change it to the one for sensitiv tums. I dont think his tums that sensitive tho otherwise he'd of been sick with any amount of formula i gave him wouldnt he? What u reckon?

I hope it isnt colic and is just down to him being hungry x

dont put him on the fat milk! (hingry baby milk) i hate that stuff, there is no need or it to be made IMO

if he settles on 4oz id give it to him, dont worry about him being sick after, its quite normal for babies, as long as its not projecting. his belly will adjut to the amount soon.

Glad he let you sleep :)

x

Well i wouldnt say he's really projecting but it is alot.. But yeah your right i guess he will need to adjust to the exta ounce.

I'll discuss with HV when she comes next.

Do u reckon its ok for him to be having that much at his age? Cus he seems to be wanting it every 3-4 hours and hes quite a small baby.

Although he does settle after 4ounces, he'll still only settle with his dummy..which is a pain cus it keeps fallin out his mouth every 5mins! x

Adam has 3oz every 2 to 3 hours

so Oliver is fine to be feeding every 3 to 4 hours, thats pretty normal and he prob will feed that often for a while yet.

As for the amount, thats totaly up to him and how hungry he is, there is no set amunt he should or shouldnt be having.

Its said that if a baby drains for than 2 bottles within 24 hours then they are ready to go up another oz.

He will guide you :)

x

Now Caitlin has stopped being so sicky (changed from SMA gold to cow & gate) she is taking between 3-4oz we basically make up 4oz and if she wants it she takes it sometimes not all the time or between 3/4oz :D We did the same from near the start always put 1oz in more than she was taking and found gradually she was taking it at her pace not ours!

Oh and :wohoo: you got more than an hr shut eye

x

Olivia has 4oz every 3-4 hours, and sometimes that isnt enough. She has just jad 5oz on her last feed.

Dont worry about him being sickly it will soon settle, I asked midwife about this as she was quite sickly after feeds. Not so much since changing her from the Cow & Gate but MW said its very normal.

Looks like you may have found the problem

x

Ryan usually has 3-4oz every 3-4 hours.. sometimes he'll want more though. I just give him what he wants as otherwise he won't settle. Don't worry too much about the sick.. Ryan is after almost every feed. I thought it looked like a lot - like he'd thrown up all of what he'd had - but one of my books says that it's probably only a bit of milk mixed in with saliva and other stuff rather than all milk. xx

Thanks babybean and Lauren-kate- made me feel much better!! :) xx

aynjel just started drinking 3oz every 3-4 hrs shes on farleys formula

When Alfie was 5-6 weeks old we put him up from SMA Gold to SMA White and have never looked back, Alfie was a hungry baby and needed more than SMA Gold.......SMA white is not a full fat milk, it just has a more bulkier ingredient that is more satisfying for hungrier babies.

Glad you managed to get more sleep babe.....just go with your instincts, trust them ;)x

Hey Tam, we just started Oliver on the bulky formula but Cow n gates version.. I hope it does the trick cus he wont stop! Lastnite he took 6oz and was hungry less than 3hours later!! How can he be so hungry ALL the time!? Praying this hungry formula does its job otherwise we'll end up with a fat bubs! x

:lol:

He will settle (if it is the hunger), remember at night they cluster feed, so that could explain the hunger within 3hrs? See how he goes over the next couple of days! Good Luck babe! :hugs:x

Thanks hun! How much was Alfie taking at 5weeks old of the bulky stuf? Oliver is takin nearly 5ounce x

Alfie was on between 4 & 5 I think, maybe even more at times, but not regularly. How's it going hun, does he seem to be more settled so far? x

Yeah he is takin about 5oz every 4 hours now.. finally, i can get some sleep! :) Hes bein quite sicky tho, but hopefully it will settle x

caitlin seems to wake spot on 3rd hour every 3rd hour at the moment with a 3-4oz feed (mostly 3) :dohh:

Yeah he is takin about 5oz every 4 hours now.. finally, i can get some sleep! :) Hes bein quite sicky tho, but hopefully it will settle x

Hopefully the sickness will settle, but I am so glad you can now get some sleep!

Just you to go now Wobs! :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->