Period 24 days late! BFNs!

Striker1

Reaction score
Hope someone has some reassuring words.

To begin, a little of my history....I am 25 years old, my husband and I have been TTC for almost a year now. I fell pregnant the end of May. Naturally miscarried the end of July. :(

My cycle has always been 36 days, and I usually ovulate on the 16th of 17th day(I have been using ov tests). We have been continuing to TTC. As of today I am 24 days late for my period. I have taken several hpts and they have all come out negative. I have also been to doc twice for urine preg tests. Both negative. I am completely confused. I was so excited when I came up late, but now I just want to get my period so that I know something isnt wrong. I am not stressed, havent changed eating patterns or exercise patterns.

I am scheduled for an ultrasound on January 4th in the am....the doctor wants to make sure there is nothing wrong with my "lady parts".

Is it possible that I could be pregnant and it just isnt showing up on the urine tests? I was thinking of going back to doc again before the fourth and requesting a blood test as well as the ultrasound for the same day?

Has anyone experienced this? Or am I just grasping around in the dark?

Seems like all my friends are gettin pregnant but me, even the ones that arent trying. It seems so easy for them. How can it accidently happen for someone, and not happen just as easy for me, when I am trying and keeping track of ov days and such? Usually when someone's period is late, they get a BFP.....am I right?

I am getting really frustrated and am hoping that there is nothing wrong with me....can anyone help? Thanks.....

Also some things that I left out......

My AF was due on the Dec. 4th. That day came and went. On the 10th, I went to the bathroom and had a tiny little bit of blood when I wiped, and a tiny bit in the toilet. I thought that this was my monthly visitor, and was prepared for it. And to my surprise...nothing more after that! Other than that, I haven't had anything except for some creamy white discharge every once in awhile when I pee. Could it be that I miscalculated something or my cycle changed and this tiny bit of blood was implantation? I really dont know....help?

I would get a blood test before your ultrasound. My last period was Nov 18. No Af and still BFN. I know how hard it is. My two friends keep telling me to be patient they were 6 and 7 weeks when they found out. My one friend at 7 weeks was getting negatives with all urine test and finally found out on ultrasound.

Yes its funny how docs wont tell you about the people that keep getting negative tests and then they find out that they are indeed preg when they go for an u/s or blood work. My doc seems to think that I am just missing because my mind is playing tricks on me because I want to become preg so badly. I'm hoping something shows up on the u/s but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. I'm going to go to doc office tomorro and see if they will give me the papers to get blood work done as well, maybe I can get in earlier I dont know what to think. I am just hoping I can get some kind of closure on this, my period or otherwise. I'm also scared that the doc is going to want me to do something to try and get my period but we really wont know for sure if I am preg or not. But I'm also worried that if I dont do something soon to get my cycle back on track it will take that much longer to get pregnant. OY! My mind is moving a million miles a second!

i think you should request bloodwork and an ultrasound .. that late there needs to be a reason why.. pregnancy or otherwise you need to know what is going on with your body

Yes I do have an ultrasound booked on the 4th of January, but I am going to try and go to doctor tomorrow and see if they can give me the paperwork to get the blood done hopefully before that. Thing is around here they dont generally order beta hcg unless you are in the position of threatened miscarriage or are planning to have an ((abortion))<--which could be farthest from the truth for me!!! Wish me luck! Thanks for the reply! Keep in touch!

firstly happy new year...

Im hoping to get my BFP soooon... my periods is like 11 weeks late and i still havent got my BFP!!! SO ANNOYING!!! been to the gp and hospital had various tests a few weeks ago (when i would have been very very early pg), i have no problems with my ovaries or tubes i dont have irregular AF and havent been on BC for a gd while, so they said it was likely i was pregnant but my hormone wasnt enough yet....my mum had the same problem. Maybe its an hereditary thing!lol!
Ive been having loads of pregnancy symtoms except sickness just a lil bit quesy when i dont eat. Also my stomach just in this last week is bloated and has a sticky-out roundness i have never seen before!!
Im quite relaxed about it all...trying not to get too stressed just waiting now. I was going to demand a ultrasound(my doc thinks im nuts) ....as i heard that even blood tests can be unreliable...but i think i will wait till next week after my third missd period (thats what the doc told me to do, she will do bloods aswell she wouldnt do them b4)

just wanted you to know your not alone....chin up!!! oh by the way im young too 22years old!!!

babydust to youuuuuuu....xxxx

Happy New Year to you as well! I have also been off of the b/c pill since April 2009. So we got pregnant very quickly after coming off the first time. This is so frustrating! I am NEVER late! I think that doctors don't like to tell you that there is a chance you could still be pregnant when you are late and getting negatives just in case you arent. But here's hoping that when I phone doc today, they will do some blood tomorro(I have the day off) and then I have the ultrasound on January 4th...maybe it will be a late Christmas Present? :) But like I said, I am not getting my hopes up just yet. Thanks again! And baby dust to you also!!!! Don't forget to check back and let me know how you are doing!

Yes its funny how docs wont tell you about the people that keep getting negative tests and then they find out that they are indeed preg when they go for an u/s or blood work. My doc seems to think that I am just missing because my mind is playing tricks on me because I want to become preg so badly. I'm hoping something shows up on the u/s but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. I'm going to go to doc office tomorro and see if they will give me the papers to get blood work done as well, maybe I can get in earlier I dont know what to think. I am just hoping I can get some kind of closure on this, my period or otherwise. I'm also scared that the doc is going to want me to do something to try and get my period but we really wont know for sure if I am preg or not. But I'm also worried that if I dont do something soon to get my cycle back on track it will take that much longer to get pregnant. OY! My mind is moving a million miles a second!

Oh dear you sound like me. I just wish my cycle would come! Its been almost 6 weeks since it has happened.:growlmad:

:hugs: I hope your doctor helps you out soon!

So I called doc office and she says the way things are where I am going for my ultra sound it will take at least a week to get the results! Whats with that? Last time I went for one (it was an emergency-threatened m/c mind you) I got results of blood and u/s within the hour. Grrrr.....like I haven't waited long enough, I will get it done and then have to wait another week??!?!?!? What the eff.....

So I called doc office and she says the way things are where I am going for my ultra sound it will take at least a week to get the results! Whats with that? Last time I went for one (it was an emergency-threatened m/c mind you) I got results of blood and u/s within the hour. Grrrr.....like I haven't waited long enough, I will get it done and then have to wait another week??!?!?!? What the eff.....
I got my blood test results within a hour last time. Why would it take so long?

I dont know but I am quite peeved off now. I wish you could get at home blood tests. And this is for an ultra sound not even blood work!

Dont they do the ultrasound there and then and can look on the screen. it would be pretty easy to look at the screen and tell you what they see? I am confused as to why they think it should take a week?? I would push for blood work too. My understanding is that blood work is more sensitive than HPT- I also know my SIL was 4 months before they confirmed she was pregnand (albeit she has unregular cycles) her hpt and the docs didnt come up positive. She went to India and the receptionist at a center there told her straight away and she didnt believe it till they showed her on an ultrasound! They didnt even ask her for one in England!!!

Dont they do the ultrasound there and then and can look on the screen. it would be pretty easy to look at the screen and tell you what they see? I am confused as to why they think it should take a week?? I would push for blood work too. My understanding is that blood work is more sensitive than HPT- I also know my SIL was 4 months before they confirmed she was pregnand (albeit she has unregular cycles) her hpt and the docs didnt come up positive. She went to India and the receptionist at a center there told her straight away and she didnt believe it till they showed her on an ultrasound! They didnt even ask her for one in England!!!

lol about India. My husband is from India. He told me they dont even do pregnancy tests there. He said they tell you or check you through and exam. Why dont they just do exams here! If they did we wouldnt all go batty!

Yes I will be able to see at the ultra sound but I'm not exactly sure what to look for and not exactly sure how far along I would be....also the ultrasound techs here cant tell you what they are looking at but if there is a heartbeat then they will show you that....so hope there is, but not expecting there to be......:(

Yes I will be able to see at the ultra sound but I'm not exactly sure what to look for and not exactly sure how far along I would be....also the ultrasound techs here cant tell you what they are looking at but if there is a heartbeat then they will show you that....so hope there is, but not expecting there to be......:(

did they give you a picture of it?

No picture....ultrasound is on January 4th....I'm pretty sure I'm not preggers....I dunno, I am not having any symptoms that I can think of, but who knows my body could be tricking me!

No picture....ultrasound is on January 4th....I'm pretty sure I'm not preggers....I dunno, I am not having any symptoms that I can think of, but who knows my body could be tricking me!

Hey did you get the US done?
fxd for you.:thumbup:

Went to Ultrasound. Tech said she saw no signs of pregnancy. Going to doc on Jan 13th, just to talk over results and to see if everything is ok with my "lady parts" :)

Just got my AF yesterday! I never thought I would be so happy to see it!! I actually yelled YAY!!!! when I was in the washroom. LOL! Just means we can start trying again!!!

Good to hear the ugly :witch: came over! I hope the docs go ok- keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->