period after egg collection

kaye

Reaction score
Hi,

If they kept you on injections longer then planned, do you class egg collection as ovulation and should roughly expect your period 14 days later. Obviously hopefully I won't see her. But according to my cycle I should be due tomorrow but going 14 days after egg collection would be Sunday so bit of a difference.

Thanks for any help xx

Baby dust to all xx

Hi Kaye,

I think you calculate EC as ovulation. How many days past transfer are you?

Thanks for your reply.

Only 7dp2dt. It's a long wait.

Congrats on your pregnancy x

Thank you! Hope yours is coming soon :). Not sure if you've seen this floating around. But, this was a tremendous help to me during the TWW. :)

3 day transfer timeline:
1dpt .. Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt… Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt….Blastocyst hatches out of shell
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining –> I’m prolly here today!
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt…Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt…HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Thank you so im just a day behind aren't I if I had a 2dt?

What was the earliest you tested?

The wait is doing my head in.

Yes it is :). So you are only on 6dpt for 3 dt. I had a 5 day transfer and tested 3 days after. Can't helped it ahhaha. BFN on day 3 but very faint BFP on day 4. Then on day 5 was still faint line on FRER then thicker line on day 6.

Are you thinking of testing early?

I am desperate to test but trying to hold out. Tomorrow is way to early isn't it?

Did you have any symptoms? Bet you are so excited! Was this your first Ivf?

Kaye, yes. This is my first IVF :). It still unbelievable so far. :). Maybe I'll believe it more tomorrow after my scan. I am happy but preparing myself for the worse.

In term of testing early, well...I think if you are prepared for any results, which is hard to do until you see the stick, then go for it. Test! But don't do it if you are not ready. I'll use FRER if I am you. Take out the big gun :). It can handle it at this point better than the ICs. I think at this point, if everything goes smoothly, you'll see a faint line. Don't drink and held your pee for at least 3 hours so it's more concentrated if you want to test today. Or you can test tomorrow. I'll squint with you :).

In term of symptoms during the wait, I had cramps and hot flashes. Especially on day 4, I was sweating in the middle of the night and felt like I had a fever. Then on day 5, I felt shooting pain. It was pretty painful to me to the point that I stopped walking and needed to sit down. BBs were sore but I think it was because of the progesterone. Lots of cramping...on and off..on and off. There were a few days that when I peed it hurts like a UTI but came from your vagina (if I even make any sense here). I think that's about it regarding symptoms. Not too many :). I also think my cramping encouraged me to test early because I never had any type of period cramping before.

How exciting your scan is tomorrow! Hope all goes well for you. Fingers crossed and let me know all is well.

I'm not sure I'm ready or not but the same time I need a sneaky peak. I've only got some cheap tesco pregnancy tests. Guessing that won't be a good one to use. Was going the get the clear blue for OTD.

This is out first icsi cycle and it's been a roller coaster. Dreading if we need to do it again.

I've had cramping non stop was sure AF already trying show her ugly face xx

Thank you!
I think you should :test:! The way I look at it is ...pain now or pain later or it could be happy news and no pain and less worry :D. The cheapo tests will still work. Just not as obvious as the expensive one :). Don't freak out if the second line is super light.

I agree that IVF has been a crazy process. But hang in there Kaye, you should find out today or tomorrow or latest this weekend. :)

Ha ha, I might get brave in the morning.

Can I ask a personal question. I've being having a bit of CM and it's quite gloomy (don't know how to describe it). Did you have anything like that?

I've heard that some women have CM at the beginning of pregnancy. I have very little but that didn't start until I got my BFP. Truthfully, I am not one of those women who have a lot of CM to begin with even with my regular ovulation...very little. Gosh Kaye, the suspense is killing me! :D.

Good morning
I did the test. bfn. So fingers crossed it just too early. Going to get frer for friday morning .

Good luck today hope all goes well xx

Kaye, sorry to hear that :hugs:. Some embies are a bit slower to grow. I had a couple who took a few more days to grow but in the end they turned out to be high quality embies who are now frozen.I'm crossing all my fingers for you!!

Thanks. Pretty sure I'm out had cramps and some pink/red spotting in CM. 😠

Have you had your scan yet?

I'm sorry to hear that Kaye. :hugs:. Not trying to get ahead but do you know what you want to do if things don't work out?

Scan is in 3 hours. But now I need to eat my breakfast before I pass out :).

P.S.: I am still holding out hope for you that the spotting is implantation :).

How exciting for you.

We have 2 tries left but not sure where my head is at. We have been trying for 5.5 years and I had to lose 5 stone to get treatment and just feel like I've had enough. We have done everything but then I still don't have my baby which I truly want. Scary times x

Kaye, I understand what you meant. This whole IVF process is craaaazzyy. I wish that we can just both get pregnant naturally.

Thought I'd give you a little update. We did hear the heartbeat today but I am not out of the woods yet. Baby is measuring 3 days behind and my doctor is a bit concern but not...very weird man ahahhaha. He said that 1 or 2 days are ok but 3 days is a bit concerning but he was having a hard time locating the baby so it could be why the measurement was off. But, he is not too worry...see...conflicting info ahahhaha. I am feeling ok right now. Fear has left the building. It is what it is. If this one fell through, we'll try again :).

Good sign ypu heard the heartbeat though, was it amazing?
Yes not sure what he is on about, bit of nightmare conflicting info like that. I would just go with the flow and maybe request another scan in a week or so if your concerned xx

Well...everything just starting to sink in. I was all business in the doctor's office. Maybe more concern and trying to get as much info as I can. Formulating my next plan in my head ahahahha. DH was more emotional about it.

Kaye, I know this is a hard time for you and I am ok not discussing my pregnancy. I mean if it can help taking your mind off worrying, I would. I know how hard it is to see other people get pregnant while you are still trying. So, let's concentrate on you :D. We can discuss whatever you want to discuss :). I am game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->