Period came 8 days early?

IowaMAMAof2

Reaction score
So my period came 8 days early and is always 28 days apart like clock work. What could be going on? I have no cramping or anything just bleeding after having sex. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Very worried, never had this happen before.

i would call your OBGYN. any bleeding after intercourse is a red flag. I would deff call your doctor. it's better to be safe than sorry.. good luck

Is going crazy not knowing what's going on. Starting to have light cramping but nothing serious.

How heavy is the bleeding? Is it enough to wear a pad or just wipe a few times and it's gone? And is it constant or only after sex?

Ok so I know details r gross but here goes, lol. And thanks for responding to my post! So we had sex this am and right after notices there was blood all ovr me and him. I we...nt to the bathroom and more came out then showered and was still bleeding bright red blood in shower and I put a tampon in all afternoon (4 hours) and when I removed it it was about half soaked. And since then I put aNother tampon in and just removed and just lil dark borwn blood and that's it. Like when your periods done and u have nothing but marks on the tampon. Again so sorry for all the nastiness just trying to figure this out. I started birth control 2 weeks ago but have had unprotected sex right when I started. We were ttc then desided we wanted to wait til aftr summer to start again. So I know bc won't be effective yet. But I. Have never bleed early before or like this at all. Have perfect 28 day cycles for over 6 months now. :) thanks for any advise

Oh an usual period is really heavy first 2 days then dies off and is absest by day 5. And I hav lots of cramps a day or 2 before and first cpl days while heavy flow. God this is gross... lol

Lol it's ok, it's not gross at all. You should see the discussion me and a couple girls were having on one of my threads! lol But anyway... ok so I can think of a couple possiblities. The first is that it is your body adjusting to the BC being in your system. Anytime you put new/extra hormones in your body it can cause a variety of symptoms such as random bleeding. That's just your bodies way of adjusting and leveling things out. The other thing that comes to mind is implantation bleeding. If you did have unprotected sex and you started to bleed this early (especially for just a day) it fits into the time frame of implantation. Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?

I have also thought of both of those theorys. I thought if it was the birth control it'd be more spotting and not just a lot after intercourse that was bring red then now dark brown and nothing. And if it was implantation which is scaring me to think that why would it happen after intercourse? Now that I'm no longer bleeding I'm still having light cramping? My period is tech. Due the 25th which is quite a ways away. Have u ever experienced this or know anyone that has? I'm seriously so glad your giving me some imput it feels better just to talk about it even if I don't knw. Lol

Ya I know what you mean! Being able to talk about my situation and get some feedback makes it a little less stressful. I did have bleeding like that when I was pregnant with my son. It was very early on and only once or twice. I found out later that becoming pregnant tilted my uterus and made my cervix more accessible. So when we had sex he had irritated my cervix causing the bleeding. Doctor said it was nothing serious and not to be worried about it. I would definitely take a test if I were you though, just to be sure. It could be dangerous to stay on the BC if you are pregnant.

Well its nice to knw that same thing happened to you. So since your cervix was tilted now that u were pregnant and had sex it made it bleed? Also if it was implantation bleeding would a test even be positive yet? I don't have any on hand because I got this being pregnant mindset out of my head. So now I'm freaking a lil bc I don't want to be pregnant. We tried for like 6 months and it was so stressful and I was over it and just want to enjoy my kids and my summer and do lots of traveling. With my first 2 I got pregnant the first time we had sex now that wasn't happening so what are the odds the month I start bc. Lol

Because my cervix faces the front now instead of being tucked back, his man parts (sry!) rub directly against it, irritating it. It only caused bleeding when I was pregnant though. I don't think it would show up on a test yet, but if that was implantation bleeding, it should definitely show in another 2-3 days. Lol btw, I have seen so many women on here try as hard as they could to get pregnant and as soon as they gave up and decided it wasn't the right time...BAM! They're knocked up! Lol so it could happen.

Well I'm going wait and see if I have anymore bleeding by tomorrow and if not I might phone my ob. If there isn't anymore bleeding its going to eat away at me to wait and test lol. And I hear ya on trying then as soon as you stop it happens. Seems like that's how it works alot of the time. I know I will be very excited if I am will just change alot of plans for the summer. I'd be very grateful though. I will keep you updated on what happens the next few days!

Awesome! I vote you start POAS now! But I'm an addict lol. I have seen some women get positives this early though. If it were me I would test every other day until AF showed or I got a positive :)

Haha I'm an addict too! I don't keep them in the house because I can't control myself even when I know it isn't possible to get a positive. Lol but tomorrow I'm going to go get some test, I always buy lots at the dollr store to cure my addiction and I'm sure the lady there thinks I'm a hooker or something lol. Did u have any implantation bleeding this cycle? And how early did u get bfps aftr implantation or before period.?

I don't think I made it in for a BFP this cycle :( This has been a strange month for me. But with both of my sons, I didn't have implantation bleeding. I didn't even know what any of this stuff was until a few weeks ago lol. Every time I have been pregnant though I suspected I was pregnant about a week before my period was due, but I managed to hold off testing until about 4 days before AF. I got negatives the first 3 days, then finally a day before my period was due I got a super faint positive. I have always produced on the low end of HcG though so it always took a little longer than most for it to show on a HPT. My sister used to get a positive like a week after she ovulated! It was crazy!

You sound like me I didn't know what any of this stuff was until we actually started trying. So ididnt notice if I had any of that stuff with my first two because they just happened andfound I was pregnant with both first times I pee'd on a stick but have no idea when it actually was relating to dpo . But I was reading your thred on cervicle positions so of course I had to go diggin around and mine is very high and soft and I can't really find the top because it seems like its tilted backwords to where I can't reach to save my life. , this stuff is fun though lol only if my hubby knew what I was doing half the time or thinking. I don't talk to him about it anymore it was to much for him, was freaking him out. Lol

Ok so just checked it one more time got in a different position and I felt it, its high and I'm not sure what soft or hard is suppose to feel like? And I got lil darker colord blood on my finger from touching the opening to the cervix. So I'm interestd to see how it will be posistion tomorrow and if my flow will pick back up? Tmi I knw! So sorry. But honestly have no one else to share all these odd details with lol

My hubby is the same way! So I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. I just checked mine too and it was in between high and low and in between soft and firm. I also did the Qtip test and got a tiny tiny tiny bit of light pink tinges in the CM. Oh well, maybe next month :)

Well I'm still praying for ya this month! If its closed can u feel anything at all?

Well woke up this morning and no blood at all. So I don't think it was my period. Now I'm more concerned.

Have you gone to pick up a couple tests yet? I can't wait to see how they come out for you! Oh and if your cervix is closed I think you will either not feel anything or just feel a slight dip in it. If it is open it will feel like a tiny little opening. You probably wouldn't be able to get your finger in it or anything, cause that would be really open but it should feel like a super tiny hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->