Period pains no period???

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm still breastfeeding my 4th baby day and night, she ll be one in a few days and no period as of yet.. I keep getting horrible period pains every few weeks and have been for months.. anyone else experience this?? I did think it was my period gearing up but it's been so long now I don't know?!! It's very normal for me not to have a period until I've more or less stopped feeding as this has been the way with my other 3. Didn't have one for two years with number 2 but never had these pains either x

Could it be something else like an ovarian cyst? These come and go sometimes. Might be worth asking your GP for a check over.

Yes I was thinking that.. I'm going to track them and see if there's any pattern to them and then maybe go to the gp if they don't let up and I don't get my period. Thanks x

Embeth, I experienced those period pains with no periods when I was bf baby #2. I had gotten my period back at 6months postpartum (exclusively bf) with my first, so I expected to get it back at around the same time, but I was wrong. Come 7-8 months postpartum, I just couldn't stand those period like cramps! Finally, at 8.5 months, I weaned my son (not due to those cramps, for health reasons!) and at 9 months I decided to "induce" a period because those cramps were just not leaving. I took 3 capsules of black cohosh over 3 days, and sure enough, my period came! And I got relief from those persistent cramps. I hope you find relief soon. xxx

Thanks for that.. I think I'm going to wean dd very soon so hopefully my period will return! The cramps have gone now just the odd cramp here and there.. so weird is exactly like the cramps u get on the first day of your period xx

I started getting those last month and its driving me crazy! my DD is about to be 6 months and i did make a mention of it last month in my tracker. didn't get a period but sure enough 27 days later they started again tonight :( not loving it

My baby is almost 4 months and I've been getting the same period like pains for a week now. I was hoping af would just make an appearance but nothing. It's frustrating.

Sorry you're all suffering too ladies.. mine came back a week later after stopping and are still here nothing awful but they feel yuk like a period does.. I've started limiting my dd to only one feed a day but need to tackle the nights she feeds so much at night don't know where to start! X

It makes me feel a little better that my DD is going on 6 months and its normal not to have had one yet. I just hate waiting lol I want to know my body is back to normal haha

It makes me feel a little better that my DD is going on 6 months and its normal not to have had one yet. I just hate waiting lol I want to know my body is back to normal haha

Same here. Most women don't wish for periods, buy I'd love to know what's going on for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->