Period pains??

I am 4cm. Trying to keep active before taking to labour ward. No pain yet.

Oooh bubblz exciting!! Are u gettinhg induced i take it then?
Congrats mrs b! Looks like a lucky day for the 13th lots of babies coming!

Hello ladies!

I've posted my birth story in the third tri forums but wanted to quickly update all the threads I'm part of.
Baby Demi Lee was born on Friday the 13th of June at 10:06am after a long but wonderful home birth, she's 8lbs 12oz of delicious and we're doing well with breastfeeding :cloud9:

Congratulations to all the others who have popped so far and good luck to the rest waiting for their turn! :D

Attachments

• First day.jpg
    First day.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4
Congratulations those of you who have had your little babies :) so happy for you all!!

Hey ladies. Just home today with my baby girl Amira. She was 7.1lb. I was induced @11 on Friday morning. Labour was going well until near the end when I pushed for hours. I was taken for vacuum in the early hours of 14th. That turned to a c section. My pelvis was to narrow. If we had only knew I could have had it from start. We woman not taking to breast yet but still trying. Good luck to those left to go and well done mummafrog

congrats bubblz!!!

I have been dealing with BH (or real contractions???) ALL day.. my stomach has been getting ROCK hard all day with cramping down low and cramping/aching in my lower back. It's been literally all day. Not sure what's going on, but if anything, it's a sign that my body is doing something!

Congratulations Bubblz! Sounds like a difficult one, you are so strong, well done :hugs: Enjoy your lovely baby.

Wow Canthardlywait that sounds very promising to me, things are definitely getting ready at least :)

My birth story,So as y'all know from my other post my water broke on Sunday around 2 pm.. I'm group B strep positive so was told to go to hospital right away if rupture of membranes. So off we went, and here is the sequence of events that happened to bring our little beautiful girl into this world...
When I got there I wasn't contracting much, just about every 10 minutes... there was light meconium present and the Dr said labor needed to pick you or I'd have to get pitocin.. we talked and finally agreed to let things go for 12 hours with monitoring and antibiotics before doing anything else.. the contractions became every 3-5 minutes apart, and I labored naturally for 12 hours.. at my check at 2 am I had not changed at all, so I was started on potion... the contractions became absolutely awful and I had a ton of back labor!! I finally agreed to an epidural when the Dr finally convinced me I wasn't going to progress with tensing so much, but before we did the epidural I was given stadol to see if that could work first.. all stadol made me do was go insane.. I was seeing things, and I felt really out of control and it did absolutely nothing for the pain... so I then got the epidural!!!!
To make a long story short.... after the epidural I was on cloud 9, it was amazing!!!
I don't know how many people read my posts, but I've been having severe pitting edema on my legs that crept up into my lady parts, and under my bump! Which is why my doctor wanted to induce! And had me scheduled for Tuesday if it didn't happen before..
So with all the swelling the Dr was concerned about pushing baby out... I slowly progressed until around 11 am this morning I was an 8 at that point.. my epidural starred to fail, and I was having the worst pain in my pelvis, it was a grinding burning ripping pain and rectal pressure.. they redid the epidural and that helped, they thought I'd progress rather quickly from there. After 2 and a half hours it started failing again and I was having the same pains and pressure, so when I was checked she thought I was complete.. I started pushing and pushed three times when it was discovered I still had a lip of cervix and was really only at 9cm.... so she told me to stop pushing.. and I was given another bolus of meds for my epidural... 45 minutes later the process repeated itself, horrible pains, no progress, and at this point my swelling was so bad down in just lady bits, that the Dr could barely do a vaginal exam... after feeling the babies head and the swelling that was happening as a result of pushing and the pressure of the contractions my Dr decided I needed a c-section... I was very upset but also very much in pain, my body was trying to push and I couldn't stop it and since her head was stuck I was at high risk for uterine rupture.. so much to my dismay we proceeded with the c-section.... BUT here's the worst part...
During the c-section I could feel the very low end of my uterus and I could feel them trying to get her out... I freaked because they had given me some drugs and I was do out of it I couldn't hold my eyes open and I thought for sure it felt like they were squashing her, and I could feel her getting upset, kicking and punching... but her head was stuck and they were trying to dislodge it from my pelvis... I started begging them to quit squashing her and to let me push and I was able to feel enough to start pushing it was quite scary because they had me cut open, I was Just so out if it... so the knocked me out before I could realize what happened and then I woke up in recovery, our baby girl was already 2 hours old. Once I came fully to they let me do skin to skin and our first breastfeeding.. she's eating like a champ, had 5 poopies already and 2 wets... we do have to stay an extra day though which is a bummer, but they want to try to get my swelling under control.... so needles to say it was a very hectic two days and it didn't turn out how I planned but she's here and healthy and I'm healthy and that's all that matters... here a pic of my beautiful girl!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8381.jpg
    IMG_8381.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 5
Whew Pink!!! A little stressful, but at least she's here and healthy!! Congrats Mamma!

Congratulations with the birth of your babies ladies

2 quite dramtic birth stories there but you both done wonderful jobs :)

Not long now for the remaining ladies :) bavies are starting to pop out all the time!!

So happy for you all it's wonderful being a mummy!!

Still waiting!! Due date is this Sunday.. I'm pretty much miserable. I feel quite sick today. achy, headache, nauseous.. just BLAH!

That lip of cervix happened to me twice infact. Last time they told me to stop pushing.... Yeah right like I could help it! It was truly awful to try and stop doing what my body was doing naturally !!! My mv made me wait out until the lip had gone it felt like torture so I know how you feel. They were about to prep me for a c section then she shouted cancel that I can see the head!! It was a nightmare labour. Anyhow this time round I had a different mv and she says to change position so her head could rotate which will open that last bit of cervix ... And it did! Within seconds it opened and get head just popped out lol so

Much congrats pink and bubblz so happy ur babies are here and sorry u had to go thru awful births!

Iv not posted in a while cos iv been busy having my baby too!
He arrived at 11.10am on sunday 15th june after a lovely labour! With my dd i had a Yrd degree tear and a pph so was very worried this time rounsd but it was all i could have hoped for. After on-off contractions all day sat i woke ar 1.30 am with some stronger pains, denied it itll 2.30 then got up and told oh. Pottereds about at home than got to hosp at 5am.. Was in a lot of pain by now but coping apparently well. Checked a 6am and was found to be 6-7cms ! I dont think the mw could believe it! Was taken straight to delivery and finally got some gas and air. Things went well and i wasa checked again at 10:10am.STILL 6-7 cms dammit! They offered to break my waters which i thought was a great idea id been desperate for them to go! They burst them and it was a continuous waterfall off the bed for a good few minutes! After that i progressed quickly and an hr later after just 5 mins of pushing he was here! I am thrilled with how the birth went i could do it all again next week if i had to hehe..

Much congrats pink and bubblz so happy ur babies are here and sorry u had to go thru awful births!

He arrived at 11.10am on sunday 15th june after a lovely labour! With my dd i had a Yrd degree tear and a pph so was very worried this time rounsd but it was all i could have hoped for. After on-off contractions all day sat i woke ar 1.30 am with some stronger pains, denied it itll 2.30 then got up and told oh. Pottereds about at home than got to hosp at 5am.. Was in a lot of pain by now but coping apparently well. Checked a 6am and was found to be 6-7cms ! I dont think the mw could believe it! Was taken straight to delivery and finally got some gas and air. Things went well and i wasa checked again at 10:10am.STILL 6-7 cms dammit! They offered to break my waters which i thought was a great idea id been desperate for them to go! They burst them and it was a continuous waterfall off the bed for a good few minutes! After that i progressed quickly and an hr later after just 5 mins of pushing he was here! I am thrilled with how the birth went i could do it all again next week if i had to hehe..

I was 6-7 centremeters and not in pain either lol all the midwives couldn't believe how well I was coping!! It's funny because last year when I was pg with my son I thought I was dying at 7cm I was in such agony!!! Every labor truly is different x

Congrats Josephine and all the other new momma's!! I hope I have a birth like yours Josephine, sounds wonderful! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->