Period pains??

At my 36 week appointment I explained about my miscarriage. He made me appointment day before my due date. A friend was surprised as well as she said it 41 weeks. I don't know.

Hi ladies,

We saw our consultant today who found baby is finally engaging he's 2/5ths now..... Hurrah

Booked for induction next Tuesday is he's not here before then xx

Glad you are getting somewhere bumble!!

Hang in there all you 40 weekers!! Not much longer now!

I'm getting some strong back pains today, but don't think they are pre labor related. 13 days left...

Been awake this last hour with back pain. Had to go get hot water bottle. When I first got into bed I had weird pelvic pain. Wondering if that is baby engaging?

Im 39 +1...so fed up with the various pains! Had them last time too.

Went for my 39 week appt yesterday and baby has moved into a back to back position (same thing happened at this stage last pregnancy too) I spent the rest of the day rocking leaning forward on my ball, walking, leaning over the ball etc. At 10ish baby seemed to move position into the dead centre of my belly (not sure whether back to back though) and wow it was painful! I knew it wasnt labour but was convinced things would start overnight. nothing!!!

My midwife said my pelvis is probably a funny shape or something thats why it happens, and she thinks all the period pains etc are the start of labour but they keep fizzling out because of baby position (she was my midwife throughout my first home birth and remembers every detail)....she thinks once baby moves into an optimal position everything should start. Fingers crossed!!!

This morning ive had pelvic pains and shooting pains on and off. Tried some nipple stimulation in the shower but didnt do much...

Blue kat you due on Tuesday? That is the day I am due. I am just waiting on midwife call. Hopefully I have started to engage. Pains went again. Still losing mucus plug. On ball now but want to get out walking as that has been doing things

Oooh let's hope Tuesdays a lucky day if your both due and I'll be going in for an induction xxx

Not sure about ur hosp appt then bubblz! Did he not say what it was for? Is ur mw a man then or are u seeing a consultant too? My sweep is tomorrow! Ahh! Hope it works! Bumblebee have u not had one? I didnt need one last pregnancy she was here by now so i dont realyly know what to expect.
Iv not had much pain but have some other symptoms.. Lots of pressure down below, clearout alll day yesterday, not loose but lots of bms lol, and nesting madness! I cant stop cleaning lol i even clenaed the dogs ears he sat still too long haha!

Josephine midwife just away. She thinks my appointment with consultant at hospital will set me off as I am soft. Fingers crossed. I always thought midwife did it but maybe different here in northern Ireland?
Oh Josephine could be first then it could be tight between the rest of us Tuesday one's lol
I have no signal in hospital fir Internet :-(
Bring on our june babies :-D

Jospehine3: No they haven't offered me a sweep with us having polyhydraminos (extra fluid around babies head) as they want to make sure he is low enough down and engaged properly before they try and do anything; at the minute he's not but once they induce us they can keep us in hospital and observe him to make sure no problems or complications arise because of it xx

Yes I am due Tuesday...looks like it will be a busy day although hoping none of us will make it that far!

Just went for a walk for about an hour, then was in AGONY!!! no idea what that pain was, bump went solid and just hurt almost like cramp but closer to the top/middle than the bottom (any ideas do tell me!!!)

Sat for a while until the pain went away then had another little tiny wander with lots of sitting down...now im having a rest while cooking dinner cos im exhausted!!! Its too hot to be pregnant!

Had a brief period today where I was getting back pain/period cramping. Unfortunatley it died off... blah!

I looked my notes. Baby head brim?? Any ideas?? Have been getting pelvic pain. Think baby is swimming down. So weird is it having hiccups at this stage lol

So i went for my sweep which she didnt even attempt because baby isnt engaged at all! She said she cant do it if baby isnt engaged because if they accidentally break waters then theres a risk of cord prolapse. She felt my tummy and was like 'hmm u need to come out now baby' i said is he going to be big? She just repeated 'i think he needs to come out now' :nope: hes gonna be huge arrrhhh!

Bubblz means ur babys head is on the brim of ur pelvis - where mine was last week and if he had been there today i wud've got my sweep dohh...

Community midwife send me to hospital yesterday with high blood pressure. It all over the place. I may get send home today with a tablet or may get induced. Hope it is the latter :-D

Had my baby yay! Turns out those period pains was my in labour for 4 days- they never got stronger nor did they have a pattern but they got me to 8cm dilated! Good luck ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->