Periods but not ovulating.

blaze

Reaction score
Is there anyone in same boat as me....After coming off the depo in july last yr took 7 months for my periods to return to then find out I am not ovulating.I am confussed as I thought periods was a sign of ovulation (me prob been dumb).Is any one else going through this or gone thorugh this and what advice could you give me.Seems to be taking over my life with already having children I never thought this would happen to me.

I have never used Depo, my previous protection was the Nexplanon i had removed in Sept 2011.
I too get periods but i don't ovulate, i can see why you get confused. So do i, i thought that if you didn't ovulate that is why you get a period, but your body needs to shed that uterus lining to remain healthy.

all i can suggest is figuring out why you don't ovulate, for example are you overweight, underweight, pcos etc etc.
Talk to your GP about your options, alot of people are given medication to help bring on ovulation. Maybe your timing is off.

There is some vitamins and supplement's i have heard people use to help with fertility, but i have never used them so maybe someone else can shed some light there.

Good luck and don't worry you are not alone :hugs:

Thank you yer I was told I wasn't having my period because I was overweight but then my period came bk 7 months after comeing off depo.I had a scan done as dr thought I mat have poloysistic overys there found a cyst on my left overy but was told it was nothing to worry about.In april after my period I had some mucus with blood in so when I did some research got told it was a sign of ovulation but I didn't test and it never happened in may.Some am woundering is it possible to ovulate one month and not the nxt as the dr said was eggs in my left overy so mybe I just don't ovulate from that side.So if it is a once a month thing this month should be the month.Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->