Periods & exercise.

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
My goal was to exercise everyday for the next 3 weeks but just remembered AF comes next week. I can't even think of moving sometimes my cramps are so bad. Do any of you workout while on your period and still feel okay? Will it help or worsen symptoms?

I always work out on my period - actually, i used to get really bad cramps and the last two periods are the first time i havent and thats when ive been working out and exercising. better yet, last month i didnt even get any cravings.

i dont see why you wouldn't, to be honest...

It's hard to get into the gym but once you do, you may find it is actually relieved (some women will say otherwise but statistically, it is meant to help). Distraction is important - get some good tunes and pick your favourite workout (even if it's not part of your routine or schedule).

I've heard working out on your period helps with the pain, but it made mine worse!
I have bad periods anyways and its like my period on steriods when I workout. The worst thing I ever done was do my tumbling class the day I started. I was dying!!!!
Its only the first day I have really bad pains and take a break, the other 4 is no problem.

I didn't find it worsened period pain but I always found it doubly hard going and I couldn't accomplish as much as I did for the rest of the month. I found exercising on my period exhausting so I would aim for 2/3rds of my usual workout rather than doing nothing at all.

I find exercise helps the symptoms. It is hard to get motivated to go when I feel gross though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->