Periods returned & regulated after 1st child but suddenly gone weird?!

boobee

1 DD/Expecting No 2
Reaction score
I joined this forum 3 years ago when I was told I had PCOS and was struggling to conceive after finding out I wasn't ovulating. I came off the pill after being on/off it for 6/7years and my periods were very sporadic. Every few weeks to every few months and no ovulation. It was an absolute nightmare TTC but after 9 months discovered I had randomly ovulated and was now 5 weeks pregnant (and also didn't actually have PCOS).

Fast forward 3 years, I have a happy 2 year old daughter and after breastfeeding for 5 months my periods returned to normal, bang on every 28/29 days and clear signs of ovulation. We decided that after our holiday in August we may start trying for our second seeing as I'm now regular and it may be easier to actually plan a baby this time.

Until last week when my regular periods seem to STOP :| I've finally started to come on today, 10 days late, however (sorry if TMI) it is very brown and there seems to be a lot of tissue/clots. Usually I have maybe half a day of very pale brown and next day I am in full blown red flow for 2-3 days and then it ends.

I'm not/haven't been pregnant as we are being stupidly cautious as we don't want a baby right now, but has anyone had this problem!? It's typical that this would happen a couple of months before we start TTC again after 18 months of perfect periods/ovulation!

Just to add, the ODD occasion I have what I presume is ovulation spotting. I had this last month, for 3 days around ovulation very pale pink spotting and cramps. This would make me assume that I DID ovulate and therefore period should have come on time?

Depending on how cautious you have been, it's entirely possible you had a chemical or very early miscarriage... or didn't actually ovulate. Even people with no issues can have anovulatory cycles occasionally.

Beyond that.. I wouldn't really worry unless you have repeat performances of this.

I eventually came on 11 days late so I'm presuming I ovulated late?!

Sounds just like my chemical. But if that's not it then possibly you tried to ovulate but didn't and then ovulated late. I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a pattern.

Yeah I'm hoping they go back to normal now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->