Perming and dyeing hair

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Hi ladies, sorry another question!

Is it ok to perm and dye your hair while breastfeeding? I usually perm my hair every six months and didn't do it during pregnancy but it desperately needs doing. It could do with being coloured too.

I've searched online but keep reading conflicting advice.

I sure did :/ I'm pretty sure its fine, as its fine in pregnancy

Hope so as mine just got dyed today for the first time in over a year!

Think of it this way and please God pass this advice along....thousands of hairstylists in this world are pregnant right at this very moment. They don't stop performing chemical services because they are pregnant and they are around these chemicals far more often then their clients. The stereotype that chemical services are not safe in pregnancy or while breastfeeding is absolutely ridiculous. There is ZERO medical proof that chemical services will effect your child. I was a stylist for over 10 years and had so many women refuse to receive services because of pregnancy until I pointed out the fact that women stylists who were pregnant never refused to perform a service because of pregnancy. I was pregnant twice while I was styling and never had an issue, neither did a single one of my colleagues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->