pest control done at home, any side effects ?

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 8weeks+1day today and we had pest control at our home today. The guy used gel in all rooms but he sprayed the pesticide in washrooms and balcony.
I covered my mouth and nose with cotton cloth and we left the house after half hour. Now we will go there in morning.
so basically I was exposed to it for half n hour.
and I was not there in washrooms at the time spraying just checked them once he was done.
will this affect my baby ? I'm so scared. I was not aware of this pestiside thing :cry:

We had to have pesticide sprayed at home when I was pregnant with DD. My doctor said it would be fine but to leave while they were spraying stay gone for a couple of hours and open the Windows to air it out when we got back. However after asking the exterminator to wait until I was out of the house he forgot and started spraying right near me ( about a foot away). It wasn't a long exposure but I was about as close to it as you could get and DD is now almost 2yrs and absolutely fine. Try not to worry to much. The chances of such little exposure causing a problem are very small. Best to stay clear in the future as my Dr said the main danger would be if the pesticide built up in your system from repeated exposure. H&H 9 months.

We had to have pesticide sprayed at home when I was pregnant with DD. My doctor said it would be fine but to leave while they were spraying stay gone for a couple of hours and open the Windows to air it out when we got back. However after asking the exterminator to wait until I was out of the house he forgot and started spraying right near me ( about a foot away). It wasn't a long exposure but I was about as close to it as you could get and DD is now almost 2yrs and absolutely fine. Try not to worry to much. The chances of such little exposure causing a problem are very small. Best to stay clear in the future as my Dr said the main danger would be if the pesticide built up in your system from repeated exposure. H&H 9 months.

Thank you so much !!
I'll remain more careful now onwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"