Phantom pregnancy

iluvbump

Reaction score
I realised all these "symptoms" id been getting was all a phantom pregnancy.. after doing an ovulation test.. as it was negative... i feel SO stupid. :cry:
Has anyone else had this??

i honestly didn't think i was getting my hopes up that much that my body tricked me like this... x

I think if you ask anyone in the 2ww- LOTS of women think they are pregnant and get every symptom under the sun and then actually not be pregnant. I think our minds play tricks on us. I remember very clearly one month about 6-7 months ago that I *really* thought I was ... and well, I definitely was not! And then there are ladies who count themselves out because they don't feel anything and then BOOM~ a BFP! Our minds definitely can make us think we are feeling something when really are not! Definitely can be a powerful thing. :hugs:

Yes, it's not unusual. I think sometimes we want to be pregnant so badly that our mind plays tricks on us. I thought I could be pg last cycle and then I got BFN after BFN. SO disappointing, but I know I am not alone.

It was rather gutting to see I'm not even ovulating. I thought there was a chance I had a :bfp: on the way n I was wrOng. Thought I chose to use boots ovulation test kit and it was really cheap... Is going cheap a bad idea or are they all they same?? X

They are all the same- cheapies work JUST as good as the more expensive ones. When I got my BFP in January- I was using both cheapies & digitals @ the same time and got the same + @ the exact same time with both. I know it's disappointing :( I've read that many women don't ovulate @ all the first month or two... I think a lot of us (myself included) hear how easy it supposedly is to get preggo after a m/c and that it could so easily happen before Af comes, etc.. but that isn't the standard I wouldn't think. And what I try to remember is that when my body is ready- it will happen- and if something is off- then it won't get pregnant- and then I really wouldn't want it then if that is the case. :hugs:

Thats true to be honest.
Thanks.
Kind of made me feel better about things!!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->