• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Phil and Teds Vs Icandy Pear!

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Time too get serious :rofl: I NEED too decided!!!

I have an Icandy Apple at the moment which i have full intentions of keeping which does this.....(for people who havnt seen them both!)
https://www.bestpram.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/icandy-apples-1.jpg
https://www.britnett-carver.co.uk/leithpramcentre/prods/images/134_3.jpg
I have the Maxi cosi car seat which fits on it and the carry cot + a lovely blue footmuff!
Magic thing about it is it does this.....
(carry cot at the back, normal seat at the front)
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eYEUW7DxeM8/SKHimu3ugFI/AAAAAAAABzk/RkR2SRfvbyY/s400/pear.jpg
and this....two normal seats
https://www.groovystyle.co.uk/images/icandy/pear-1.jpg
and this...car seat + normal seat...
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eYEUW7DxeM8/SKHimw6GqhI/AAAAAAAABzs/OuF44qq7tTE/s400/pear2.jpg

Realy it does everything you could want a pram too do + i'd only need one frame= less space taken up! altho space isnt really an issuse!
Anyway for the doubles kit its pretty expensive - now i COULD afford it but id rarther spend less and get other things i need too If you know what i mean? i know you can sumtimes buy them on ebay for less but its rare that there on! so if i got one it would probably be an ebay jobby because its almost £700 for the whole lot what i would need! The down sides too the pram are...Its really heavy! + the seats arnt very big on it! apart from that its pretty much perfect....

Or theres the Phil and Teds ...most people know what that looks like ..
https://z.hubpages.com/u/90496_f520.jpg
thats it basicly! things i dont like about it are theres no foot muffs! so when charlies sat up on the top and harrys all snuggled down below charlie might get cold! + you cant have them facing you! BUT its nice and light, folds small, doesnt take up too much space and is pretty much the most popular double out at the moment so there cant be too much wrong with it! i dont like how u have the newborn tucked away underneath i like too show my new born off!! i do like the style of it when you have too two normal seats and its not as crammed as the pear + its like £200 cheaper!

I dunno i cant make my mind up! i keep going back too the Phil and Teds but i just dont know! i think i keep going back too it because i think its the easyer option but pfffft Help meeee

the icandy is nicer, my phil & teds is heavy & it doesnt fold small at all. I dont like the phil & teds for a summer baby either coz i reckon the newborn will get hot under the toddler seat!!!

One thing i would seriously recommend is test driving them both with charlie in the front seat and go from there. MY double felt so easy to push with no children in but when you put kieran in the front seat it was a nightmare:)

I think the phil and teds might be the better option if you can cope with having no where to put your shopping?? x

Iv tryed pushing them both phil and teds is easyer but just because its lighter, if i got the phil and teds id get the sport which is alot lighter than the vibe and folds smaller well its just smaller all around, i can cope with having no ware too put shopping, i have shopping hooks anyway, im still just a bit worryed charlie will get cold in it!

you can still put a footmuff on the toddler seat though cant you? well thats what i'm hoping to do.

I dunnooo, ya know im tempted now too sell my icandy :rofl: ohhh i cant make my mind up!
No actually im keeping it id regret it if i let it go!

i will most likely sell my phil & teds in a few months when Roxie is big enough for a buggy board. They seem to get a good price on ebay, i paid £570 brand new for everything, including cocoon, doubles kit, raincover etc so hopefully if i look after it i will be able to sell it easy. & i got the tyres reinforced to prevent punctures!

i wanted the icandy peach blossom but my hubby said no!

ya know the more i look at my icandy the more i want the pear :rofl:
It just makes sence! But theres still a part of me that says no, i need too see them both together again! i just cant belive how expensive it is to make the apple in to the pear! rip off!

i'm going to have the pear, i dont like the phil and teds very much i've seen people in the streets and think the baby underneath get all the car fumes etc.

are the seats on the pear small because they looked tiny when i saw it in the shop?

I've looked at both side by side and although i love the pear it has so many negatives for me. The price of it isn't an issue to me its the practicality of it.

It is very heavy in comparison to the p+t

The 2nd seat isn't very big

To put it up and down took over double the time as the p+t and for me with a 14mo and a newborn i'm sure all i'd want to be doing is getting them in the car and getting on my way.... i dont think Oliver is going to appreciate being sat in his car seat at that age instead of being outside, not saying hes going to be playing up but my mura takes enough time as it is and he doesn't like it then lol.

Plus with me having another c-section i know the p+t's will be easier for me when i go out on my own with the kids, although i recovered well from my c-section i didn't at the time have a toddler to look after too so from my point of view i want the lightest and easiest option possible.

We have had the peach priced up for us and coming in at well over £1000 for everything inc newborn carrycot etc its just not worth it in my opinion because i'm not entirely sure how long i'm going to need a double for, i think once Oliver is walking i wont be using the double as much.

Sorry its a bit of an essay, i was adamant that i wanted a pear till i went to see one so thought i'd note down everything i found when i went to see both of them :) xx

well iv just called up for a price on the pip converter too make my apple in too a pear we can take price out of the picture now because its a total STEAL! the shop i called offer 10% off if you pay by cash or debit card which i will be! so i get the pip converter + 2 pear seats for £260!!! then the lower carry cot for £74! bargin if u ask me thats me kinda swayed towards the pear now! haha

that does seem a bargain!

we had the same dilema, having bought an Apple for when Hannah was born last year. We went with the Pear in the end. the weight isnt so much of an issue for us as we mostly go walking from the house and initially i dont plan on doing much shopping on my own with 2 under 2's so can use our zapp with the car seat and Hannah in her techno xt if we go anywhere in the car.

Cheers Zara. I deff can't get the Icandy - Si would die of shock at the cost lol!! I think my only option is the P&T , though I hate the idea of the baby being hidden away until it is old enough to go in the bigger seat. Even then I am not so sure as Kaden likes to sleep when out and be reclined and you can't recline the P&T that much if baby fell asleep. Grrr, should have waited to get pregnant till Kaden was old enough for a buggy board haha. I have seen the mamas n papas Skate that a friend told me about, but no good as is a single :(

iCandy Pear 100%!

I tested both of them and didn't like P&T at all. Now I just can't wait for baby to arrive to take them both in my pear :happydance:

I sold my Icandy after 2 months,it was great for two newborns but then it became ridiculously heavy and hard to push.
Nice looking pram,at first thought it was amazing but wouldn't buy it again.
I have Jane Powertwin now and my daughter fits in it fine and she's really tall,it's easy to steer and i don't think i'll ever get rid of it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->