Photography Club

Neecee, megapixels aren't massively important in the grand scheme of things - especially not the difference between 7mp and 8mp - unless you want to be making large prints. I've had 12"x16" prints made from my 6mp Fuji and the quality is great.

he's gonna be a heartbreaker when he's older! :cloud9: look at those lashes!!!

I reckon you could get that effect by playing with the saturation and brightness/contrast in any editing program. may be other ways too though, but i'd try that first :)

Kaci - great shots! I especially love that tree - it would be perfect for a 4 seasons project; a photo of the tree, from the same spot, in all the year's seasons.

Kaci - great shots! I especially love that tree - it would be perfect for a 4 seasons project; a photo of the tree, from the same spot, in all the year's seasons.

is this advance warning for a challenge? :winkwink:

Great advice thanks. I actually know how to do that lol. Well sort of anyways lol. Is it the camera that have made his eyes look so shiny or is that effects on photoshop? Sorry for all the questions but ive always wanted to know how she did it!

my next purchase (when i have a small lottery win, or manage to kidnap hubby's credit card! :rofl:)

https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1007710
*swoons at the thought of the possibilities*

Debs, that is EXACTLY my next purchase! Just wish I had the money for it. *swoons at the thought of the landscape images I could take with that lens!*

£400 for a lens!!! You can buy a good camera for that lol. My oh is gunna go mad if i get in to it that much i need lens that are that expensive lol.

great minds anna! (or fools?!)

I wish i had the cash too.... :grr: to maternity pay! :rofl:

I have my first little project tomorrow... my friends daughters 1st birthday party... hoping to get some great shots to capture the day for them...

any tips will be appreciative :)

Like Debs, I recommend natural light, and LOTS of clicking! Another thing I would really recommend is to get down to the children's level - get shots at their eye level rather than looking down at them. Can't wait to see your photos Kerry!

hehe emma - don't tell him that one til it's time! :winkwink:

i'll show ya dedication tho:

https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1030537

:rofl: need a mortgage for that one! (and no - it's not on my shopping list!)

:shock: oh my words lol.

You should have seen my OHs face when is said to him i wanted a dslr and shown him the price he told me to dream on lol. It was the canon 300d at the time that i wanted. Ive been waiting bloody ages now for a dslr. His softened abit lately and said he wouldnt mind treating me. When i said about the d60 he wasnt as enhusiastic though lol.

and on that rather energetic note, i'm off to sleep.... hopefully Abz has a good night and sleeps through again! :cloud9: fingers crossed eh?!

I just wanted to point out that there isn't a need to get too worried about learning Photoshop, unless it's something you feel strongly about.

I use Photoshop Elements 6 - which is a scaled-down version of PS, and even then I only use it to crop, resize, and generally sharpen my image. I very rarely enter the world of further editing (I'm rubbish at it anyhow!) I have just seen far too many photographers who think PS is more important than taking the photo itself, and that by knowing how to edit an image they don't need to think about making that image as great as they can before pressing the shutter. Photoshop cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; you cannot make a bad photo good by Ps'ing it.... but PS can make a good photo great, or further enhance a great shot.

Just wanted to stick my 2 cents' in :blush: but don't want to upset anyone....

I have just seen far too many photographers who think PS is more important than taking the photo itself, and that by knowing how to edit an image they don't need to think about making that image as great as they can before pressing the shutter. Photoshop cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; you cannot make a bad photo good by Ps'ing it.... but PS can make a good photo great, or further enhance a great shot.

Well said :)

I just want to know the basics cropping etc. I want to learn about the camera first before photoshop. Ive always wanted to know what my friend did to that picture to make my little man look so cute lol.

Night Debs :hugs: and hi Emma!

A plus point about a DSLR is that it will continue to grow with your growth as a photographer... you can just stay with the "kit" lens that comes with your DSLR, or you can gradually add to your lens collection over the years as you find your niche and learn what types of photos you prefer.... I have 4 lenses for my Nikons, and that's it; I also can borrow that lens Debs and I are lusting after pretty much whenever I want from my photography business partner. I find that I now have all my favourite types of photography covered with those lenses, so doubt I'll be getting more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->