Photography Club

I feel your excitement neecee!!! Today i bought a nikon d40 :) i got it at a bargain price from pc world it was the last one they had and i paid £210! Included in that was an sd card and lowepro bag! I cant believe my luck. Ive not turned it on yet lol ive not had chance im a bridemaid tomoz im stil not ready getting quite stressed ive taken five mins off to destress and turn the camera on lol.

Congratulations on your new cameras, Neecee and Emma! :happydance:

Emma, that was a great deal!

Wow what a camera im loving it only had it on a few minutes and in love with it already and ive already had a go at doing the settings! Loving it!! Thanks for the advice girls!!! I know i totally dont regret it :) Ill try and get the pictures off it on to the computer! The results you get are great!

Heres my first few pictures taken. Ive taken a massive ten so far lol.

https://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/fairycake_27/nikon%20d40/d40005.jpg

https://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/fairycake_27/nikon%20d40/d40008.jpg

https://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/fairycake_27/nikon%20d40/d40009.jpg

Im really shocked at how good the quality of the picturs are!! Its amazing compared to my compact no comparision really. I cant wait til i can take loads a pictures!

That first picture was the first picture i took its the bird off ellies jumperoo. The camera makes it really easy. And im loving using the eye piece rather than using the lcd screen on the back like i did with the compact. I can see myself havng real fun with it. Would love to take it with me tomorrow but think ill leave it cus i cant really carry it around and my OH said his not looking after it for me :( moody sod lol.

you'll be struting around all confident and photographer-like in no time! :happydance:

This thread has made me really want to have some time to get my own camera out again. it's kinda gathering dust at the mo :blush:

:hissy: now I want a new camera :rofl:

I made the mistake of not going through all the different settings on my camera and got some pretty naff pictures... maybe I will just be no good :shrug:

argh Im so negative atm :(

I hope so its brill and im not finding it that hard to use either so excited i cant bring myself to sleep lol.

You really should get your camera out!! You have the perfect little project capture and then show them to us lol.

:hissy: now I want a new camera :rofl:

I made the mistake of not going through all the different settings on my camera and got some pretty naff pictures... maybe I will just be no good :shrug:

argh Im so negative atm :(

Kerry dont be negative!! Your pictures that you put on here were great! You cant expect to take great pictures everytime! You should have seen some of the naff pictures ive just taken, ive put this camera back on to auto lol. Sometimes i get really good ones and sometimes i get bad ones. More of a reason to practice!
I really recommend a nikon this camera is great!

Well Ive not long brought a new camera and it was in a sense an upgrade although it seems to take a crapper picture lol...

im gonna have a browse in a min at the ones I took.... Im still gonna have to wait till my birthday in nov for a nikon though :( oh unless i win some money :lol:

Emma, the photos are FAB!!!!! Am so glad you're enjoying your new camera. :hugs: You're going to be one of those confident 'togs in no time!

Oh how this thread makes me want to dust off my camera! I have loads of ideas and inspiration, but seem to have Alyssa in my arms all the time! LOL

Kerry :hugs: Please try not to feel negative about your photohraphy, although I know from experience that it's easier said than done; I often feel down about my ability or how my shots turn out. Think it's just human nature.

I remember seeing a presentation at my camera club by a photographer where every image was superb; there wasn't a poor one among them. During the Q&A session at the end, someone asked "How do you consistently achieve such high-quality, magnificent photographs? What's your secret, and do you have any tips?" "Yes, just never show your duff shots" the photographer answered with a smile. It's true though; no matter the skill level or talent of the photographer, we all take rubbish shots - the key is not to show anyone else your rubbish, just what you're proud of and happy with :)

Emma nice one on the D40 and great price you must be well happy! getting used to the eye piece is fun when you've been using and LCD screen for a while but it makes you think about your pictures more and what you can see in that little space!

I've only just upgraded from the D40 to the D90 and i'm still getting used to all the new settings on mine if there's anything you wanna know just PM me or MSN me!

Well I spent an hour and a half getting glammed up last night for the guys to take pictures of me at college and they ran out of time before my go so now i have to get all dressed up again next week now ARGH.

It was so hard to photograph all the guys who clearly made no effort with appearance! And now i have to submit a picture of each of them at my final assessment in a few weeks ARGH

:wave:

stay positive Kerry, as anna said... we all take crappy shots at times

Great price for the Nikon there! Great pictures too You don’t realise until you take that step up to a better camera just how much difference it makes to the shots, they just come out so much clearer.

I really fancied having a bit of a shooting session at the weekend but it looks as if the forecast is for heavy rain so I don’t know how viable that is going to be. I might try taking some still life style shots instead maybe. We have a monthly challenge in our local Flickr group at the moment which is based on “light effects” using light to get different effects on your pictures, even something as simple as a mirror to reflect light. I need to get my thinking cap on – have got a few ideas it’s just seeing if they work so I might get cracking at those over the weekend.

oh nice one shazza thats really cool i still have to do my dslr skills course homework yet ARGH

i really just need to learn the different functions on my camera, they were just dark and abit blurry at times, damm thing :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->