Photography Club

Im loving macro and flowers not tried scenic yet going to give that ago tomoz and possibly old buildings aswell. Im hoping it doesnt rain! I tried taking pictures of my cat but he hated it and was pulling ugly faces and looked really munted lol. Benn my little lad takes a brilliant picture but he never wants me to take one he always wants to be the one taking them lol

i do agree emma it is better to get a feel for taking pictures with a cheaper camera first and also if you enjoy it enough to upgrade to a better one. im looking foward to seeing more pictures that you take. its amazing how quick the time fly's when your clicking away!!!

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2318/3537472578_e7f59b1d25.jpg

yeah and how much memory you use up :rofl:

Im filling my computer up fast!! Im going to have to get an external harddrive lol. Im finding getting people really well but i cant take any nice ones of me i look awful and my oh tried earlier and i looked awful the camera picks out my flaws lol im so glad im on the other side of it lol.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2318/3537472578_e7f59b1d25.jpg

Thats a great picture!!

I got this one when Ellie was eating her dinner i got her when she looked straight at me.

https://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/fairycake_27/nikon%20d40/d40057.jpg

Im filling my computer up fast!! Im going to have to get an external harddrive lol. Im finding getting people really well but i cant take any nice ones of me i look awful and my oh tried earlier and i looked awful the camera picks out my flaws lol im so glad im on the other side of it lol.

:rofl::rofl: thats why i hate having pictures taken of me...it picks up all the bad bits :rofl: im safer doing the clicking :rofl:

i have used all my memory on my pc so i dump them all in my OH's pc as he has loads of spare space...and a bigger hardrive :rofl:

wow emma thats a brilliant picture of your LO....you seem to have a good knack with taking pictures of people. thats a very nice clear picture.

Yup- just some blue card Chel :) I have a cheap and cheerful approach to my work :rofl:

yep im cheap and cheerfull to :rofl: where do you get your card from hun?.....hmmmm im currently cleaning a piece of glass and maybe thinking of using talcumn powder!!! babys stuff is great :rofl:

I get things wherever I spot them - the pound shop, stationery stores, anywhere. I also scrounge around the house LOL

Thank you chel27. Its good to know im doing it right. The light was coming in perfect on her whilst i was feeding her so i thought right this is a camera moment lol. I also had a camera moment with the pictures of my bouquet the sky was pink and in the conservatory it was so bright so i ran up the stairs to get a black shirt lol. My minds warped im taking pictures in my sleep lol.

aww hun i know how frustrating it is when you gotta wait...especially for something your really passionate about...well i personally reccomend a canon camera but it depends really on how much you want to spend as well...i use to have canon 350d which worked good for me and now i have canon 450d which i also find good. plus with canon you can use other make lenses...with other makes you cant do this x

You mean 3rd party lenses like Tamron and Sigma? Yes you can use them on just about any brand of camera; the companies just make Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Pentax/Samsung, etc mounts :)

Emma, the bouquet shots are wonderful! Love the off-centre composition and the use of the dark background.

Chel, like the wee Piglet slippers very much! I love doing reflection shots; I got a piece of black Perspex for mine:

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2079/2318040361_e1218146de.jpg?v=0

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2190/1525218503_3afa47fd8f.jpg?v=0

Thank you chel27. Its good to know im doing it right. The light was coming in perfect on her whilst i was feeding her so i thought right this is a camera moment lol. I also had a camera moment with the pictures of my bouquet the sky was pink and in the conservatory it was so bright so i ran up the stairs to get a black shirt lol. My minds warped im taking pictures in my sleep lol.

you sure are hun...the light was lovely on all the pictures you took!! i use a reflector for some of my pictures :happydance: your right once you really get into it you end up dreaming bout what pictures to take next.

aww hun i know how frustrating it is when you gotta wait...especially for something your really passionate about...well i personally reccomend a canon camera but it depends really on how much you want to spend as well...i use to have canon 350d which worked good for me and now i have canon 450d which i also find good. plus with canon you can use other make lenses...with other makes you cant do this x

You mean 3rd party lenses like Tamron and Sigma? Yes you can use them on just about any brand of camera; the companies just make Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Pentax/Samsung, etc mounts :)

Thanks thats great to know. The D40 only takes af-s lens i believe do third party companys make lens for it do you know? Im a long way off needing a new lens though. Although i have to say the camera wouldnt get as close as id have liked on the flowers! Gutted.

i love them reflection pictures of yours anna...they are perfect!! i also love the headings you put for them...they are very imaginative :) ahhh yes good idea using black perspex..thank you...may hunt for some more materials tomorrow.

Im chuffed that ive had good comments makes you feel better about what you've taken so thank you. Looks like ill be getting some props for my picture taking lol. My aunts going to be chuffed with the pictures of the bouquet its a nice reminder of her bouquets instead of the normal full on shots although i did take a few they didnt come out as well as those. I can see myself getting really addicted to this lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->