Photography Club

Kerry, Emma & Anna - thank you! You've made me feel a bit better now. :hugs:

I had a chat with my brother this afternoon who has recommended the D60 if I can stretch to one....

What cameras do you all have?

xxx

:hugs: Glad you're feeling better Laurie. I agree with your brother, provided that you try it out in a shop and make sure it's comfy in your hands.

Anna - what Nikon do you have? Why do you recommend handling one first?? I've used my dads (D300) and it was heavy but a fab camera!

Tiggertea - do you prefer Canons to other makes?

Kerry - don't worry...I don't know much about cameras...just know what my dad and bro have told me. Just cos I know names, doesn't mean I know much about them :dohh: - just sounds good!!!! :blush:

I handled just about everything available at the time before buying and found i got on slightly better with the canon, it's just a case of what your comfortable holding to be honest! I'm scared to handle a nikon again in case i change my mind :rofl:

We could all recommend cameras til the cows come home but it has to feel right to YOU for it to BE right (make sense?! lol)

Laurie, Debz just took the words right out of my mouth! :) That's exactly why I recommend handling them.

I have a Nikon D200 - the model that was replaced by the D300, so they're just about identical in size and weight. I LOVE big, heavy cameras :)

:wave: laurie!

first challenge launched on redbubble girlies.... has everyone signed up yet? :D

Ooooh! I've been out all day and there's so much to read through! i haven't even looked on my Redbubble yet!

i have a canon 350D - it was the make that felt right to hold, it's all about the hold!

Think I'm going to have to go camera shopping then girls!!!

xx

lauriech I have a Canon 40d but I would definitely echo what the others have said about going and handling a few different cameras as they can vary in shape and size so much.

You need to be sure that you are going to feel comfortable holding the camera - especially if you are thinking of spending quite a lot of money on it :)

Ive got a nikon D40. It feels right in my hands ive held a fair few and i prefered the D40 as it was small and light and ive got tiny hands so fitted me right but like the others said defo handle some before you invest :)

so what we sayin is: be a camera whore and have a good grope of em all! :rofl:
(sorry, couldn't resist a little vulgar comment! :blush:)

Lmao tiggertea. You have to try before you buy i say lol.

Ive just uploaded a few images on redbubble i hope they are good enough!

i've decided to ban all thoughts/comments remotely like "not good enough"... :D :ban:

Lol constructive critism only. Ive got one for the kitchen challenge but its not a patch on Annas. I dont know whether to go for it and put it on or try for another one.

You can add it and keep trying if you want, entries can be changed right up til it's time to vote! :D

And Anna doesn't count - she's TOO talented!! (ha! :finger: :lol:)

hi girls...i have spent the last couple of hours trying to do a picture :happydance: after quite a few hundred shotsi have something semi decent :)

are you all on red bubble now? i havnt signed up to it. everyones pictures on there are so good.

:blush: Thank you for the compliment. However, I think I need to remove my photo - just thought that I should take one specially for the challenge, but that one was already on my RedBubble.... sowwy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->