Photography Club

:wave: everyone!

GemLou and Chel - i've sent your invite to the BnB group :)

how are we all today?

nuttymummy - I'd fone em and demand the camera be sent immediately or you want your ££££ back. I had a similar experience with purelygadgets.co.uk and ended up getting £ back and buying from warehouseexpress.co.uk. It's illegal for money to be taken from your account until the product is available for shipping :)

I have my idea for the challenge.... it's just getting it right that's the problem lol

I have my idea for the challenge.... it's just getting it right that's the problem lol

I agree, I have an idea but its whether it will come out the way i want it too lol x
Cant wait to see everyones photos for the challenge x

Hellooo, sorry been a bit slack posting on this new group, been so busy getting flat ready for valuation on Friday, eeek!
Have joined the redbubble group ladies :) looking forward to seeing everyones work on there when i get 5 min to have a look! :) xx

ok thinking of going to hobby craft or somewhere at some point to buy some tools :) like props... eg black card or alike...

anyone got any tips or must haves that they couldnt work without ?? :)

I would definitely recommend black velvet for a backdrop (and white velvet too, if you can find some - I'm still looking LOL)

I have amassed lots of little "props" like my manikins and vases and toys for the manikins. I would also recommend Blu-Tack!!!

Props like these:

https://images-3.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/795183-2-new-shoes.jpg

aaaw i love all the woody men photos!
planning on doing my kitchen photo tomorrow.

neece hope you course goes ahead, how disappointing if it doesn't :hissy:

went out yesterday evening to take some pics of the irises in the garden - really pleased with the colours in this one, the wall behind is blue which I think looks lovely! The irises are still looking fab so any advice for other shots would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7668 (600 x 400).jpg
    IMG_7668 (600 x 400).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 12
Stunning photo Mrs_N! Love the way the blue background complements the glorious iris. Really well framed, too - love how you got in tight.

Yup - just a simple piece of black velvet, whether it's portraits of Alyssa, manikin shots, or anything else where I want a black background.

yeh i think a black background is very very effective :)

Ive done a kitchen shot... but think its abit crap :rofl:

I got confused and thought the movement challenge was already open so I uploaded a picture for that! :lol:

Will have to try and get my thinking cap on for the cook off challenge though as at the moment I am a bit lacking in inspiration. I do have a couple of possible ideas just need to have a go at shooting them.

I treated myself today bought a kit which has a Tripod, LCD protectors, mini tripod and a much better camera bag than the one I've already got. From the US it was £35 including the postage and packing which I thought was pretty good - have been wanting a tripod for ages so am looking forward to it arriving :D

How useful is a tripod and what kinda of situations do you use them?

I have an idea for the challenge too. I'm just trying to figure out how to make it work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->