Photography Club

i brought some black material today :):)

but going for a lay down cos Im feeling a little blue :(

will play around with it at the weekend tho xxx

Hi girls, just looking for some advice. Seeing as Kai woke me up at 5o'flippin'clock this morning, I thought I'd take advantage and snap the sunrise. I've done a bit of editing but was wondering what else could be/should be done. Here are the original and edited shots:

Attachments

• sunriseUNEDITsmall.jpg
    sunriseUNEDITsmall.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 11
  • sunriseEDITsmall.jpg
    sunriseEDITsmall.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Pineapple luv :)

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon Kerry.

Looking forward to seeing what you take!

^^ :( in the girly sanctury... its nothing major but has just made me feel real fed up with everything atm... just bored and dont seem to be going anywhere!!

Tried to see about a photography course to day but prospectus doesnt come out till mid july for september start... :hissy: just wanna use my brain :hissy:

:hug:

Lovely sunrise Neecee! Think I would crop out the roof on the right, but other than that it looks very good!

Evening girls!

Just wanted to say I got my new camera today - after a lot of thinking and chatting with OH, I settled on a D60 as I really can't justify the money on a D5000/D90 seeing as I know so little about photography at the moment.

I'm chuffed to bits with it!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now I need to learn the technical stuff!!!!! :dohh:

There are some fab pics going on girls....

Evening girls!

Just wanted to say I got my new camera today - after a lot of thinking and chatting with OH, I settled on a D60 as I really can't justify the money on a D5000/D90 seeing as I know so little about photography at the moment.

:happydance: yay congrats on the new camera.

Neecee love those pictures!!

I really need to get myself some black fabric think i might head to the market tomoz and see if i can get some. I was thinking of getting black white and maybe a different colour as well we will see.

Anybody else find taking photos quite relaxing? I was feeling quite stressed out when i put the kids to bed. I went in the garden for 20 mins with my camera and it really chilled me out.

Evening girls!

:happydance: yay congrats on the new camera.

Neecee love those pictures!!

I really need to get myself some black fabric think i might head to the market tomoz and see if i can get some. I was thinking of getting black white and maybe a different colour as well we will see.

Anybody else find taking photos quite relaxing? I was feeling quite stressed out when i put the kids to bed. I went in the garden for 20 mins with my camera and it really chilled me out.

I know what you mean! There's something therapeutic about it isn't there?

There really is! I dont find snappy Benn relaxing he always sticks his tongue out never seem to get many good shots of him but Ellies a right little poser. Ive been going round the house taking pictures of all random things and really enjoyed it. I really want to use it on manual now but i have no idea where to start.

Same here. I've been using auto for most of my pics so I started messing around with manual settings yesterday. I had no idea what I was doing & it was probably sheer fluke that they came out half decent.

On another note, can anyone pleas share some tips/advice about shutter speed? I'm already thinking about the next RB challenge & I want to start experimenting.

Ive got so many settings on my camera i dont know where to start i thought id pick one of the m,a,s,p and work with it and see what happens dnt have a clue though!

ive finally got a bit more clue with my settings lol...

hopefully gonna take some pics this weekend ... really need some inspiration though :dohh:

Laurie, congratulations on the new camera! :happydance: Any questions you have about it, I'll do my best to help with :)

Neecee, for info about shutter speed, try these links:
https://www.illustratedphotography.com/photography-tips/basic/shutter-speed

https://www.picturecorrect.com/photographytips/207/shutter_speed_effects.htm

Emma - you're so right; photography is incredibly therapeutic and relaxing. :) I love it.

Im glad im not the only one that finds it relaxing as well :)

Anna what setting do you recommend i start using on my camera to get me started using it manually? I really want to get started this weekend :)

Emma, the Program mode (P) is a good one to use as you can change settings if you wish, otherwise the camera will still decide what to use if you don't want to. Personally, I never used this setting; I jumped straight into using Aperture Priorty mode (A) as I wanted to control the depth of field of my images - the camera will then automatically choose the best shutter speed for you to ensure the right exposure. The flip side to that is using Shutter Priority (S) mode if you want to control the shutter speed (for example, a fast shutter speed if you're trying to capture portraits of a moving baby or child) - the camera will then automatically choose you the best aperture for the shutter speed you want.

A and S are sometimes known as 'semi-automatic' modes cause you control one bit and the camera finds the rest for you. I tend to use A mode for a lot of my images.

The Sim Cam here https://www.photonhead.com/exposure/simcam.php helps a lot with learning how the combos of aperture and shutter speed work - helped me to understand the results I used to get, and how to achieve the results I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->