Photography Club

Haha tigger. I've done 2 Weddings before, only as favours though for Family...

And I've also done a Family Shoot which I charged for...£50 infact...was nearly 2 years ago probably.

I'm dipping my toes into the pro world - will be doing my 2nd wedding in August which is paid for. Made £200 on the first and this one will net me £500 - that's 1/2 our trip home to Canada for Christmas paid for! :happydance:

I also make money by selling my work via a website (which is a work in progress!) with my friend and business partner and at a market stall he runs for the company:
https://www.imagenorthumbria.co.uk

Thanks Pricey!
I use a Nikon D200 with a Nikon D50 as a back-up body, a Nikon SB-600 flashgun, Lightsphere, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 90mm macro, Tamron 28-300mm, Nikon 18-55mm, and Uniloc 1600 tripod. Also various filters.

Excellent. I've yet to get "everything" as I rarely do events like that at the moment.

wow anna thats fantastic :)

if u dont mind me asking how did u pay for all your kit? was it through earnings or did u just save?

Kerry, I've been VERY lucky - my photography won me 2 DSLRs (my Nikon D50 and a Samsung GX10) Saved for the Nikon D200, lenses, filters and tripod, and paid for the flashgun with the money I made from doing my first wedding.

hahahaha hmmmmm thanks but i dunno!

where do you find the comps to enter? (just in case i take a confidence burst and enter something!)

I used to buy LOTS of photography magazines :blush: I won my D50 by sending in a photo to a (now defunct) magazine and being judged as the best submission that month. I won my Samsung by submitting a portfolio of images to DSLR User Magazine and being judged the best that month - they then set a task for the winner to do with the new camera - I had to send them a still-life portfolio - and you got a double-page spread in the mag! Been lucky enough to have been interviewed for a Reader Spotlight in that mag too :blush:
:rofl:

oooooh! get you! :D

hmmmmm, perhaps i should invest in some magazines then.... don't hold much hope for winning anything but i guess i could learn alot anyway :D

I had a Canon 350D to start with (same as pricey has) and made an ever so slight upgrade (if you could call it that - i wanted "live view" you see.... :blush:) to a Canon 450D last year.... it's a great entry level camera (in my opinion!) but the nikon peoples will no doubt push nikon :lol:

my advice will always be: be a camera whore and have a grope of everything and see which feels best for you (vulgar but true!:rofl:)

Kerry, I agree, you gotta get out there and be a camera whore :rofl: ha ha....

Seriously, you need to get what's right for you - give them all a good fondle!!!!! :blush:

xxx

I used to buy LOTS of photography magazines :blush: I won my D50 by sending in a photo to a (now defunct) magazine and being judged as the best submission that month. I won my Samsung by submitting a portfolio of images to DSLR User Magazine and being judged the best that month - they then set a task for the winner to do with the new camera - I had to send them a still-life portfolio - and you got a double-page spread in the mag! Been lucky enough to have been interviewed for a Reader Spotlight in that mag too :blush:
:rofl:

Look at you! I was going to call you a geek but I can't as I buy camera mags too :blush: you actually learn a lot from them! I wish I had the confidence to enter competitions - well done you!!!! :happydance:

xxx

Well done Anna! and what a kit you have!

Next time theres a competition in a mag im gunna go for it. The worst thing that can happen is i dont win!

I was wondering what those petal things are that go on the end of the lens is? What t does and if i should get one? and what situation you use them in?

that would be a lens hood emma.

they are useful in situations where there's a risk of lensflare e.g. landscapes when you shoot towards the sun (not directly at it but not with it behind you, if that makes sense :blush:) it shades the lens so the image isn't affected by glare on the glass basically.

Thanks Debbie!

I wont be needing one just yet i dont think. Im lucky if i get chance to take a picture in the house at the moment a flashgun might be more of what i need lol.

i don't have one either... i've not needed one so far although some people would recommend you don't shoot outside without one.... oopsie! hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->