Photography Contest Anyone? =] (Mods read?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Panda

Reaction score
I was thinking of starting a little monthly photo contest with a different theme every week, anyone want to join in? Then we can all vote each month on which one we like the best!

Maybe at the end of the year we can make a b&b calandar out of them and raise money for a charity! What do mods think, would this be ok? I think it could be great, we could raise money for a different charity every year, plus get a lovely calendar of some of the cuties of b&b =] :flower:

Please let me know what you ladies think, (especially mods, is this even a viable idea? I would organize everything! lol) If not just tell me lol I have probably overlooked a big problem in this plan knowing me :haha:

I wouldn't be comfortable with people buying a calendar of images of our kids. Plus, I think this is against BnB's TOS :flower:

I wouldn't be comfortable with people buying a calendar of images of our kids. Plus, I think this is against BnB's TOS :flower:

I didnt think it was, I thought it was only about outside contests vote getting etc, this would be inside bandb - but understand what youre saying sort of..

I see it as the same as if one of our babies was on the cover of mothercare cataloge or a baby magazine, can't see how its different? lol

Thanks for your opinion on it though :flower:

Maybe if you post in forum help you might get a better answer?

I dunno, I see it a bit different I suppose.

Maybe if you post in forum help you might get a better answer?

I dunno, I see it a bit different I suppose.

Can I ask why? Im just curious =]
I only meant that people from b&b would be buying it not just randomers, to clarify. And obviously if you didnt want to be in it then you wouldnt enter each month! lol I was just putting it out as an idea for fun, not for any kind of profit just to clear that up as well, just thought it would be nice, don't want anyone to get me wrong! :thumbup:

I think it's the fact there are people on BnB that aren't who they claim to be, if you get what I mean?

Maybe we could do it based on themes of the certain month..

Not specifically babies because although it's a baby aimed forum, I pop in here because I don't have a baby & I'd like to join in??

xx

I think other categorised images would be ok, nature, travel, summer, winter, happy, calm etc the list is endless.

yeah i think it would be fun to do a different theme each month but i think it should be non baby related.

It would be nice for everyone to join in.

I dont post photos of my LO out side of GC so i definetly wouldnt feel comfortable doing this if it was all baby related.

Plus it makes me feel akward i dont really like the idea of bnb competing their babies against each other every month it feels a little weird :/

but i do like the idea as a whole just which a non baby related theme

I think it's a great idea! I'd definitely enter. Even if it doesn't make it to the calendar stage, it's still a lovely idea for the forum x

This kind of thing needs to be run past Admin for approval :thumbup:

I'd like to do it as a non-baby related theme. Mainly because I don't have one to take pics of yet and there are lots of others on here who don't too.

I think having random themes would make it accessible for everyone. :thumbup:

I used to run a weekly photography contest in the hobby section but we didnt get te word around enough to keep it going, it was the same people every week :)

Heres one of the ones we did with the rules we used.
https://www.babyandbump.com/arts-cr...hy-competition-15th-sep-29th-sep-animals.html

This kind of thing needs to be run past Admin for approval :thumbup:

Thats why I wrote mods in the title, was hoping you guys could get around to reading it =]

Everyone else, ok lets do other themes :thumbup: If its approved that is lol

Not something we would agree to for a few reasons plus as per the rules requesting money for charity is against the forum rules (unless approved by admin but as I say it's not something we would agree to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"