• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Physical recovery questions

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hi, I just gave birth Friday morning to a handsome baby boy.

Now it is Tuesday, and while I am very pleased with what seems to be a quick acting recovery I have a few questions.

1) so right after birth, I still had quite a belly bulge that made me look about 6 months pregnant. By yesterday the bulge had reduced, and even today it has reduced further just so my tummy isn't flat. There is a small bulge, which still feels quite jiggly and jelly like. While I don't expect to be back to toned within days, will the jelly feeling go away on its own in a bit more time or does that feeling stick around for awhile?

2) I had two tears on my labia (sorry tmi). The doctor said they were skid marks. She said she could stitch them but they would heal without stitches just fine as well. I figured to avoid the stitches and let it heal on its own.

I find dermaplast and witch hazel pads are a lifesaver on this area. Anyone else have similar without stitches? How long until you didn't need to put anything down there and feel ok? I tried to leave the area open lasti Get but it was painful this morning again so I used the dermaplast name witch hazel and I feel better. Any other tips of helping this area heal?

3) I am still bleeding some, although nowhere near as heavy. More like a medium to light period. The blood is still bright red.nhownlong for this to taper off? Can it last awhile yet?

Sorry if these are silly questions, or if I seem like I am rushing the healing process. I just figured it is probably easier to ask women who have been through this before as I am not sure of what to expect!

Didn't want to read and run....

Bleeding can last awhile. Hmmm, maybe a couple of weeks at least.

Belly disappears slowly. I had twins and I started looking somewhat normal by 2 months. I didn't gain a lot of weight though. Think I was wearing my normal clothes around a month after giving birth.

Do you have a spray bottle? I found that really helped (spraying after peeing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->