Physio, crutches & bedrest

N

Neecee

I had my GP appointment this morning and it's official - I have sciatica. It's been so bad I've had to sleep on the sofa the past 3 nights and I've really been struggling to walk.

My doc wanted to see how bad the pain was and asked me if I could take off my boots and try and touch my toes! I had to laugh, coz if I didn't, I'd have cried! He even had to help me take my boots off and on, and as for getting up on the examination table - forget that!

He's signed me up for physiotherapy now, and he said there's a possibility I'll need crutches to take the pressure off my hips and pelvis a bit. Failing that, if it gets worse, he's signing me off as 'unfit to work' and resigning me to bedrest. This is the part that I hate the most, as I'm a designer and the sciatica in no way affects my work! It's just that I have to get up 4 flights of stairs daily and occasionally see clients. I just hate the thought of being unfit to work. I've never been as ill and disfunctional in my life as I have been since getting pregnant. I'm not a happy bunny this morning :(.

:hugs: Unfortunatley youve got to do whats best for you, i know its crap but you dont need to be doing yourself or LO any more harm than good hun

I had the crutches a few weeks ago. Only thing that saves me is i am double jointed and could still walk but with difficulty. So no point on psyco for me they said, still hurts the odd time when I get up. Mine passed though when baby moved. I assume its to come back with a vengance though.

any chance you could work from home??? Hope it eases up soon, and you get some rest! xxx

Awww Neecee, sorry to hear you're haing a difficult time. You mustn't beat yourself up over work, just concentrate on feeling better and looking after yourself. Any chance of working on a project from home?

Lx

You poor thing! I had this a few week ago and was in agony and utterly miserable so i know how you feel! ( I used to cry when i had to go to the loo because it took so long to get there and was so painful to move).

Rest up, and try alternating hot and cold on the area near your bum that's most painful. I had a hot water bottle and ice pack, and would do ten mins of each on the spot. It really helped to both numb it, but also it started to ease it and make it more mobile.

And yes - working with you lap top on your bump might work too!

Xxx

Oh huni, i hope you get better soon, but if doc is signing you off to stay home for rest, you should as this will help you to get better.
but at the same time think of how much time you will spend just sleeping, doing whatever you want at home...

Hope you get better :hugs::hugs: xxx

:( Aw hun. Im sorry to hear that. It doesnt sound pleasant.xx

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I can't work from home, but I'm just gonna pray that the physio works to alleviate the pain. I know that it's only going to get worse as I gain more weight though...

ouch!
Well, I had sciatica prepregnancy and I know what a bundle of laughs that isn't :(
It might get better though, the baby might move and allow the nerve to feel better :hugs:

Oh honey :hugs: I know how horrid it is having to be signed off work. I love my job and feel so frustrated and upset that my pregnancy has meant that I had to be signed off.
Hopefully they'll be able to sort you out before you get to that point though. Will keep my fingers crossed for you and send you lots of happy thoughts :hugs:

Aww hunnie, I had the crutches thing with SPD with Charlie, so I can definitely sympathise.:hugs:

Hopefully, LO will move soon and you'll be more mobile.:hugs:

So if the baby moves, do you think the pain will be a bit more bearable? As far as I know, my sciatic nerve has been 'pinched' and that's affecting the nerves in my back and left leg.

aww hunni, i'm sorry! i hope physio works and you start feeling better sooon! :hugs: xx

I'm so sorry. The pain sounds horrible. I hope it gets better and you don't have to go on bedrest.

enjoy the time off work to relax and to get yourself better hun otherwise you could be doing yourself more harm xx

Yeah, I guess so. I want to at least try and hold out til december. I really love my job - but I know I have to put my health first. The thing is, I know that if the pain and pressure gets worse, it's also gonna affect my labour too.

Aww sorry to hear this hun! Bedrest is boring but u need to put u and bubs first now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->