Pick up put down method?

Teel

Reaction score
Does anyone do the pick up put down method/controlled crying? If so, what is your routine and how old was your LO when you did this?

At the moment, my lo sleeps through the night and shes 3months old now, but to get to that stage is a battle!

It starts off with a bath at 9pm, swaddled and attempting to bottle feed( she refuses this for some reason now?) and rocking her for about 30mins until she falls asleep on my arms. We put her down in her cot. She cries after 10mins and will do this for about 4 times and finally asleep. This takes between 1hour and 30mins to 2 hours some nights and on a bad night, a lot longer!

Surely theres an easier way of getting my lo to asleep or am i asking for too much as she is sleeping through the night?

Any help or advise would be fab!

personally i would start her routine earlier say about 7. but i havent got much expierience myself sorry x

personally i would start her routine earlier say about 7. but i havent got much expierience myself sorry x

^ i agree.

You need to treach your daughter to fall asleep on her own, with out rocking her. get her all relax put her in her cot, and sing to her queitly and pat her bottom if she starts crying, if she starts getting distressed i would pick her up. go with your cut instinct hun its the only thing u can do.

hiya

thanks for the replies

One of the things is to push the night time routine earlier

Do you pick her up when she cries? If you do, I would stop, try and just rub her tummy while she is laying in her bed and sooth her that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->