piercings....

demonmadcat

Reaction score
I have a query, and am hoping someone has come across it before..

I have a nipple piercing (bar).. at the moment it's not causing me any problems, but am wondering if I'm ok with it still in, or should I take it out?

Also, will it affect my ability to try and breastfeed? I mean, obviously i'd have to take it out for that, but will the scar tissue that's formed block anything?

To anyone without one, this probably sounds really strange, so I apologise, but it's baffling me...

Many thanks

Em
x

ummm interesting one..... I was discussing this with a girl at work who I doubt very much will have children but does have a nipple piercing!!! She said that she wouldnt be able to breastfeed in that one anyway because she has had lots of infections due to the piercing!!! But other than that not sure sorry!!

God I couldnt imagaine a piercing in my nipple right now.... they are so sensitive!! :)

Ive still got mine in. Ive had it done for 5 years now. Im waiting until its uncomfy and take it out then. But think i best ask m/w at next appointment just incase lol Im scared if it take it out i will leak left right and centre lol xx

i had mine pierced years ago but had to take it out when i had my boobs done and that was 18 months ago and its only just healed properly.

I dont think it affects how you breastfeed because i thought with women they pierce slightly behind the nipple, and with men actually through the nipple?

You can leave it in just remove it when your feeding. Scar tissue shouldn't be a problem (I had to ask MW as I had both done) I have now taken mine out as they were uncomfortable but I wouldn't worry too much if they're not bothering you

i had mine done years ago and took them out cause they never healed- when my milk came in my left nip squirted 3 ways...i think its ok unless milk ducts get blocked or damaged

Many thanks everyone. I'll see how I get on with it then. I've never really had any problem, so, fingers crossed.

Em
x

I took mine out near the start cos it was uncomfortable and my nip was growing bigger! It looks like its got ears now from the way it's healed!!! I'll be having either that one re pierced or the other one pierced instead when I've finished breastfeeding.

I took mine out years ago, and now that I am pregnant it is starting to leak along with my normal nipple lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->