Piles - question about!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Cactusgirl, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Cactusgirl

Cactusgirl Home birth hopeful

Right I need to ask this question about piles I am afraid!! As I am paranoid everytime I go for a number 2.

Do they suddenly appear as you are pushing to have a poo? So when you have finished your business there they are?

Or

Do they just suddenly appear at anytime - no specific movement required??

Also do you notice them straight away?

2. BrightEyes

BrightEyes Well-Known Member

If you have them you can notice them at any time, although there tends to be some pain when doing a number 2 and sometimes you will see a spot of blood, but not always.

If you are continuously constipated and find yourself pushing a lot you will more than likely develop them. It's not good for you to push so a high fibre diet and lots of water can help.

If you DO have them - speak to your doc who will be able to advise you on creams etc that are effective and safe cos boyo they can hurt! The cream won't make them go away but it will help sooth the pain. This might sound like common sense but always make sure you clean yourself properly afterwards down there, using a baby wipe or wet tissue can help.

They're normally nothing to worry about and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about!! :thumbup:

3. Cactusgirl

Cactusgirl Home birth hopeful

thanks Brighteyes - no sign yet but plenty of time!!

4. BrightEyes

BrightEyes Well-Known Member

Aye - you'll know if you have them all right!!