Pill Question

Norris

Reaction score
Hi All

Quick Pill question I had read on here that you should come off your pill 3 months before TTC but I asked my Dr the other week and she said just to stop it at the end of a pack and go for it - now I am confused.

Help?????

Well, here's my understanding of it.....

You could come off the pill and conceive as soon as you ovulate and be fine. This happens for some people.

However with others it can take a while for cycles to return to normal. For example I came off pill in January and although I'm having periods each month, last month I had a a very short luteal phase (one of the possible side effects of your hormones being mucked up after coming off pill). This meant that although technically I would have been able to conceive I would probably have miscarried as not enough time for embryo to implant.

I decided to come off the pill early so that I could get used to my cycles and recognise when I'm ovulating etc. I'm really glad I did that. But there are lots of people who are ok and conceive straight away and have no problems.

Hope this helps in some way!

it's like what stargirl69 says,

it depends very much on the individual, my GP recommended coming off 3 - 6months before but only if we were prepared for a possible pleasent surprise in the mean time. I am stopping my pill after current packet and plan to start TTC in december

I plan to go with the 'stop the pill and go for it' method (I have just started what should be my last pack of pills)! I don't think I could bear the thought of coming off the pill and using other contraception. I have stopped taking the pill in the past (not to TTC) and my cycle was really regular straight away, so I'm not too concerned. Hubby is pleased that it will mean it is more difficult to know when i'm fertile so we'll just have to :sex: all the time!!!

I think if you plan to chart and everything it would drive you crazy trying to do that straight off the pill, though. Everyone is different, so you just have to decide what suits you best.

Good luck x

I've come off the pill 6 months earlier than I plan on TTC. I was convinced that I'd be unlucky and my periods would take ages to return, but I got OV pains and had a period 30 days after my pill induced period started but like Stargirl says they might take a few months to settle down.

I came off the pill in May but don't start TTC until December. My doctor said it would be fine to TTC straight away. But I wanted all that stuff out of my body first.

Just wanted to put in that when I finished my last pill pack, I just came off it and didnt wait and my cycle went back to normal instantly :) xx

^ Lucky!

I had really heavy and irregular periods before the pill (10 years ago) - I really hope they don't come back like that when I come off the pill.

Thanks everyone - just got to wait for my H to say we can go for it - it was next July then January but now he is saying maybe this year!

I am ready now!!!!! but what can you do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->