Pillows

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
How useful are breast feeding support pillows? I'm not sure if I should get one or whether I'll be fine with cusions from the sofa and pillows if I'm uncomfortable. I do have a problem with my back so I thought maybe it would make it easier for me but OH isn't happy about me buying one. He thinks it's a waste of money and more clutter.

In my opinion, he's not the one who has to do the breastfeeding, so if you think it will make you more comfortable I think you should buy it. Everyone I've talked to seems to like them...

'm with Vicky. I breastfed all my 3 , with the first tended to stoop over even with cushions in place. Bought a breastfeeding pillow next time and it was sooooooooooo much better. You spend a lot of time feeding them so you need to be comfy.:hi:

I've never used one of the breastfeeding pillows but they look great to me. At the moment I have the choice between holding Aaron in my arms and getting arm ache, or trying to balance him on normal pillows and getting backache because they slip down! It seems like most of your life is spent feeding for the first few weeks, so it's important to be comfortable. You'll have enough to worry about without a bad back as well! Try telling your OH how much money you'll be saving by breastfeeding.

Well I went ahead and ordered one from mothercare. OH may complain but he complains about most of the stuff we have. I think he'll change his mind once baby is here and he see's how much we use.

I didn't have one with my DD but am really glad I bought one this time for my DS. He's a lot heavier than DD was but the pillow really helps. It's great for the night feeds as well when you're so tired .

I think your DH will like using it as well in the early days when the baby is tiny.

yeah right, OH's can't know anything 'bout breastfeeding :baby:

mine also thinks I just can put out my boob and feed Juleika on a plastic chair @ Mc Donalds when it comes down to an emergency :dohh:

but I have to say, I did not get a bf pillow so far, was thinking 'bout getting one once, when she became heavier, but I am still with the normal pillow from the bed and it still works :baby:

so I think it is purely down to your decision if you fancy one, especially when you think it might be good for your back :hi:

tell your OH you want one as a belated motherday's present :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->