Pineapple Theory Being Test

tas1

Mummy of 2 Beautiful Boys
Reaction score
So i have decided to try some natural ways to induce labour.

I came across the pineapple one and thought well i'll give it ago no harm in trying it. :wacko:
The theory is is you eat 7 fresh pineapples (currently £1 at asda) for it to work.

Well i know i am 4 days away from being classed as full term (37weeks) but i thought 7 pineapples is alot to eat in one go so i'll start today. So i'll been out and bought two,just cut my first one up and starting to eat it (its quite juicy so its going everywhere) but since im already a mummy i have figured out i cant have anything to myself (i thought this is one thing i might actually have to myself) but no my son is licking the slices lol :dohh:

Only eaten abit and my tongue is sore already lol :haha:

xx

Take care: Like all acids, the fruit acids in pineapple can have an aggressive, corrosive effect on certain substances. In the body, the gums and tooth enamel are at particular risk, and eating too much pineapple may contribute to gingivitis and cavities. After eating pineapple products, rinse your mouth with water and brush your teeth as soon as possible.

You may also find that you get sores on your tongue or the insides of your mouth.

Pineapple is diuretic and is therefor a natural cleanser, removing toxins from the body. It also contains a special enzyme, called bromelain, which helps the body's digestive system and also able to reduce inflammation and promote healing after surgeries.

So there are pros and cons to this theory. Be careful! :)

I love pineapple too. Good luck!

Thank you! Ive stopped eating it for now think im gonna have abit every hour or something lol just hope it works lol xx

i wudnt start doing anything yet to start labour incase it worked. i didnt hear about 7 pinapples but i did eat one whole fresh one and i did get afew pains but thats about it and i was 41 weeks

Try blending and drinking it. It might help save your mouth. I've only managed ot make it 3/4 way through one pineapple before and my mouth was sore for days!

Yeah i may try blending it,then maybe making ice lollies out of them and drinks! xx

I went for a long walk and came home and sat on my ball and tried to eat a whole pineapple. I managed quite a bit but the acid was really hurting so I melted some chocolate and dipped it in there which helped alot but I still couldn't make it through a whole one. Very close but not quite. It made my lips sore for days! And all for what??? Nothing??? Lol very annoyed! I think you would have to eat all the pineapples in one go for it to help and it is around the 6/7 Mark which is just impossible. I'm sure we all try it though lol x

Lol the things we do hey! And we all know that baby will come when they are ready no matter what we try lol but it keeps our minds off waiting lol.

I may have to go get some chocolate,probably not a good day to start this since im at the dentist tomorrow lol xx

my friend craved pineapple throughout and ate lots of it and ended up going into labour at 36 weeks- she'd never heard about it inducing labour so hadn't eaten it for that reason but her midwife said it was probably why she went early.

Good luck! x

ooo i hope so! you have given me hope to eat some more lol! Im sure my tongue being sore is gonna be worth it if it works! xx

I picked up 3 lbs of fresh sliced pineapple at Costco on Friday and have been having maybe the equivalent of 1/4 pineapple each day. Any more than that and my tongue hurts. I really love pineapple and know it's healthy for you, so I'm also eating it because I really enjoy it. Of course if it started labor I wouldn't complain either.

Started on Friday and began to loose my plug Sunday morning and then had a huge amount come out around 2 am this morning. Also got really strong period like pains on Saturday although not much happened pain wise Sunday or today.

No clue if the pineapple contributed, probably just a total coincidence.

Will be interesting to see if anything starts off for you!

My SIL also went into early labor with twins after eating about a cup of fresh pinapple earlier in the day. They stopped her labor and she carried the twins to term but just gave me a little extra motivation that it could work. Of course with twins people always go into early labor, so again, probably just a coincidence.

my friend craved pineapple throughout and ate lots of it and ended up going into labour at 36 weeks- she'd never heard about it inducing labour so hadn't eaten it for that reason but her midwife said it was probably why she went early.

Good luck! x

I love pineapple and have been eating lots through my whole pregnancy, it certainly hasn't caused me to go early.

You would need to eat at least 7 all in one sitting and the pineapple must be fresh: the bromelain(that softens the cervix) is destroyed by the process of canning, juicing or blending.

haha if not then it might take ur mind off feeling pregnant- you'll be more worried about the ulcers etc haha.

I love pineapple so think I'll be munching away in a few weeks time- Im resisting at the minute because I can sit and eat full pineapples in one go haha, baby needs to finish cooking first though! x

Oh and they say you need to eat the entire core of the pineapple as well. Back when I was ttc I gave it a go and I couldn't stomach it, it's too chewy and flavorless to eat.

I dont know if the pinapple thing actually works but is it not better for your baby to come out when its ready? Rather then you rushing it out?

Your due date is only a guess and some 37 weekers have come out being closer to 35 weeks and need help breathing. I really dont think its worth the risk personally

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->