Pink Badge

Shady_R

Mum of 3 boys and 1 girl
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about the pink badge they are going to issue to us pregnant ladies.....They are giving them out to us when we reach 6 months pregnant, it entitles us to park like the disabled do in their bays and in other places if I heard it right on the news, but cant remember if they were just testing it out in Wales or if they were doing through the UK......Personally I cant wait to get mine, it will be a great saver for when it comes to parking and people who dont need the parent and baby spaces but still park in them, Ill be able to park properly without worrying if the space is too small, especially if Im alone in town......

I'm not sure I'd be happy using one, but then I don't have other kids so I'm in a different situation! xx

:nope: I don't live in Wales and I've just googled it and it say's it's a Wales only law =[...

That's a shame.. That would have been really handy in my area!!!

xxx

I hadn't heard aobut this, surely it would make more sense to allow pregnant women to park in the parent and child spaces? after all they are parents with children!!

I'm guessing that if you have SPD or similar you are able to get a blue badge to park in disabled spaces?

Yes please! I got £60 parking fine today.. Motherfuckers!

I don't have other kids but I have a nice car and refuse to park where some idiot could smack their door against mine. I'll take the nice big space please!

Hope they go ahead with it.

Haha.. I forgot to say, I also don't drive so don't have the frustrating moments! I get the bus with all the germy people :(

There was a story in the news about a lady who was heavily pregnant, like 8 and half months and she parked in a parent and baby spot in tesco, she got fined for that, when she argued her case with them they said its cause she wasnt a parent as the baby wasnt born yet, obviously she was fuming and took the ticket and reply to tesco, they paid her fine and argued her case, just cause the baby wasnt born yet doesnt make her any less a parent or any less entitled to use the space, at the end of the say they couldnt expect her to park in a normal bay when she couldnt get in or out of the car after parked.......Hopefully the pink badge will stop this problem from occurring again, maybe thats why they are doing it.....I thought they might have just been testing it in Wales then doing it throuhgout the uk, thats a shame they arent.......I do believe they will be a huge help to lpts of pregnant ladies when out shopping especially alone.....

Are they so you can park in disabled bays? if so i dont think i would feel right using it, mums disabled and know how frustrating it is when people use the space who arent classed as disabled.
If its to park in certain other areas like double yellows (like you can with the blue badge) or the mother and child spots then that would be good idea since the bigger you get the harder it is to get out of little spaces in between cars.
Or are they going to make a certain amount of spaces for pregnant women like they have in supermarkets for mother & child parking.

I think i need to google this :)

Would not feel comfortable parking in a disabled spot! I have had it with people treating me like i am disabled. I am pregnant lol!

I think they are for ues to park in disabled spots and double yellows and other spots I believe, I didnt catch the story on the news properly, so not really too sure, possibly for the parent and baby spaces too, hav to look into it a bit more I think......

We have parking spots marked " Courtesy parking for people accompanied with toddlers & children". I use them whenever I can but they are usually taken by people without kids- makes me SO angry. They don't get a fine or anything at all because it's not enforced. They assume that people will just be polite.

double yellow lines would be handy for me as I have them right outside my house! Not in wales though. Boooooo

I had am issue with someone parking in a parent and baby spot and they refused to move out of it too, said they were more entitled to it than i was and i was the one with the kids lol. I went and complained in tesco, they said they cant do anything about it except pass on the complaints is its a private car park, talk about take the mick. I can however see there pink badger causing a lot of problems with some people, they will say we arent entitled to use the spaces or the badge. Guess we will have to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->