pink, blue or yellow?

Angel_blues

Reaction score
We are ntnp for our first, the only thing we don't agree on is wether or not we should know gender. I don't want to know until birth. OH on the other hand does. But lucky (and unlucky) for me we aren't married so it's not up to him. They won't tell anyone without my permission...

My reason: doesn't matter what the gender is I will love him/her no matter what!

What are your thoughts? Any reason behind it?

I personally liked knowing the gender. It let me buy some cute clothes and such ahead of time. It also gives people buying you gifts more to get you. The selection of gender neutral clothing and baby items is slim pickins! Now I ended up choosing yellow as one of my nursery colors so I ended up with a lot of gender neutral items but I also received quite a few gender specific items that I loved.

I think we're decided that my next baby (we're currently TTC) we are going to have the doctor write it down and put it in an envelope. Then we're going to give it to my mother. Then we're going to have a gender reveal party but kind of the opposite of how most people have it. Most people the parents know but no one else does, we want it the other way around. We're fine with everyone else knowing but we want to know last!

That way we still get some of the gender specific essentials but we still don't know right away! That way we can keep the surprise but still get essentials.

Idk I'm torn. I want to know but I don't at the same time.

I've found enough gender neutral things to get us through the first few months so I'm not worried. I super picky so everyone just buys me gift cards anyways...

But I do see where you're coming from.

We didn't find out with our son and LOVED having a surprise! It was amazing. We didn't have any issues with finding gender neutral clothing/bedding etc.
It also works out great because it doesn't matter if we have a girl next - she can still wear all of the newborn clothes our son had. We definitely won't be finding out the gender of our next baby.
I'm team surprise :)

I found out with my daughter and I will be finding out with any future children. I don't really like surprises in general and if I can find out I will. I didn't really need to with my daughter though as I knew immediately she was a girl. They weren't sure at any scans either. Of course I will love my child regardless of the gender. Finding out won't 'prevent' that surely?

More than likely, OH and I will end up finding out the gender when I get pregnant. It's definitely a personal choice, though.

For me, it's easier for me to prepare if I know the gender. I can buy gender-specific clothes and call baby by his or her name, etc. I feel it's easier for me to bond as well. It's also partially because I'm very impatient and want to know as soon as possible. :haha: I buy the "big" items, like strollers and carseats gender neutral anyway, so I can reuse them whether I find out the gender or not. But I like knowing ahead of time.

We may decide to do some fun gender reveal like SoldierWife was talking about, but we'll still find out before birth.

:flower:

We found out with my son and if we succeed in baby #2 i'd like to find out again. I'm just a very organised person and i'm not fond of surprises. I like to know all facts and details about anything I can. Just who I am I suppose :lol:.

When/if I concieve I do not want to know the gender!

For one, think of how thrilling the surprise will be in the moment!

Also I do not want an overload of pink or blue items. If you go gender neutral and then have #2, those items can be used again regardless of the sex of #2.

I just feel like there are so few true surprises in life, and I want to keep gender a surprise!!

We didn't find out the sex and I loved the surprise and the suspense of it all.
Next time I think we will probably find out as it would be nice to plan a little more and for LO to know whether she will have a brother or a sister :)

I loved being team yellow last time and would do the same again.
I guess it's just personal preference.

We only plan on having one child... If we stay team yellow at least i'll have that surprise :)

i just want to find out because i'm nosy and impatient! i prefer cream clothing and items for babies as well, none of this pink/blue (in my opinion) nonsense!

i dislike the colour yellow so would never paint my nursery yellow, just a light cream colour :)

i guess i would just love to tell people when they ask (which they undoubtedly will)

We had a surprise with our first and found out with our second. I liked both experiences but I think if I was only having one then I would have a surprise!

DH and I will be Team Yellow all the way when we do succeed in conceiving:happydance:

We think it'll be more fun and we're not into the whole boy colors, girl colors thing. We'll of course avoid buying anything in pink or purple but I don't see why a girl can't wear blue or a boy can't wear red. We'll probably paint the room a light green or maybe yellow, it depends. So we don't see the problem. Any more gender related clothing like e.g. dresses can wait until after the baby is born, no need to buy that right away.

I was so impatient last time and found out at a gender scan at 16 weeks I was having a son, still by far one of the best days of my life. I will do the same this time as well as I loved buying cute little outfits! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->