Pink spotting, what does this mean? (TMI inside)

Cosmos

Reaction score
So I've been in the "spotting a week before AF" thread/discussion for some time now, but this month it's been a lot different for me and now I'm confused. Every other month since my MC, I have spotted dark ("old") blood at various times from 4dpo (earliest) to 9-12dpo (latest) until AF shows almost always right at 15dpo. This month however has been different, I came down with a pretty bad cold (could have been an ear/sinus infection or strep) last Monday at 6dpo and spotting some pink that morning after BDing (first time since OV). At the time I had hoped it was OV spotting.

Long story short, was out sick T/W/T and was put on "pregnancy safe" antibiotic on Wednesday. Not much spotting other then a TINY bit of dark (normal) spotting on Wed. night. Friday I started spotting LIGHT pink, Saturday (again at night with a BD) it was creamy and LIGHT pink and then again yesterday and today it's light/bright pink and VERY spotty with lots of CM. Has anyone else had this happen? I had a BFN at 10dpo, but I'm starting to think I should test again. The color is what has me so confused this time. :dohh:

This sounds like I could have written it! I had an mc in Dec and since then I have had brown spotting before af, usually around 8dpo. This cycle I have had pink spotting for 5 days before af got me last night. I had my hopes up that it was ib bleeding because it was so different. I hope yours really is though! I saw my gp and have been referred for blood test and scans as she is worried about the spotting and how long it is taking me to get pregnant again. If your af does arrive I would suggest seeing your Dr. Good luck and Fx you get your bfp!

Wow, sounds like the same exact thing! AF just arrived for me this morning (exactly on time). I OV "early" this cycle, which is actually "right on time" for a normal cycle length, which was the first time since my MC I had such a short cycle (they were down to 35 days the prior two months, but this one was 31 on the dot). I don't know what the shorter cycle and pink instead of dark meant this time around. I had blood tests (the CD3 one) and ultrasound done last month and they came back normal. I'm going to wait one more cycle and if I get spotting and no pregnancy again then I'm going to go back and try to find the root of this problem. I'm a little concerned because they only did the CD3 test and nothing after OV, when I'm actually having the problem. :dohh:

GL, and keep me updated, maybe we can help each other find the root of the problem here. :flower:

Sorry the witch got you too! It is so annoying having all this spotting and then have to go through af as well. I really feel that there has to be a reason for spotting and it is why i'm not pregnant yet. I'll keep you updated because it might be the same for us both!

Yeah, I'm going through the same feelings. We were pregnant the very first month with #1, but now this is our 6th cycle of trying and still nothing. The only major different in my cycles has been the spotting that always comes between OV and AF. Have you felt any different during this period yourself? I've been having a lot of problems with no energy and some cramping on/off during this time that varies month-to-month. The past 2/3 months I've been telling DH I feel pregnant because of the bloating and sore bbs, but AF has been coming right on time, it makes the entire process very frustrating especially once you've been "bleeding" for 3 out of 5 weeks every cycle. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->