pioctin adhd…

Because it's nothing we can influence now. If our child has ADHD we'll find out soon enough. Why give mothers yet ANOTHER reason to worry? ANOTHER thing to look out for? ANOTHER thing to beat yourself up about?

Completely pointless in my opinion and it IS scare mongering. Intended or not. I saw a thread in another section of this forum where mothers we saying those in Baby Club are sensitive... with posts like this... highlighting YET another thing to worry about... is it really any wonder?

:coffee:

Because it's nothing we can influence now. If our child has ADHD we'll find out soon enough. Why give mothers yet ANOTHER reason to worry? ANOTHER thing to look out for? ANOTHER thing to beat yourself up about?

Completely pointless in my opinion and it IS scare mongering. Intended or not. I saw a thread in another section of this forum where mothers we saying those in Baby Club are sensitive... with posts like this... highlighting YET another thing to worry about... is it really any wonder?

:coffee:

But it could inform you for subsequent pregnancies.

Is there a link to the actual study? I would like to see what statistical significance they found, if any. Also I would like to see what methods were used.

Both me and my sister were induced and neither of us have ADHD, so ladies don't panic too much :thumbup:

Ah great, another thing for me to worry about :-(

I had to be induced as my baby had IUGR and wasn't growing, she'd have died or been very ill if I didn't agree so not much I could have done about it. Had to read the title once I saw it and now it's upset me :-(

x

but if your daughter has ADHD later on in life wouldnt you like to know what may have contributed to it? and what would you rather her her suffer adhd which is treatable and in most cases arent that severe or life long illness from IUGR if not death? ADHD is a small price to pay IF she gets it just because you were induced. I wouldnt worry yourself over it.

out of the option you had, none were the greatest, but the most significant thing you could do was save her life. and you did.

people should stop saying this is scaremongering. the OP was just informing people of a study she read about. i for one am glad to hear the information. so i know for future pregnancies if i need to be induced maybe they can try something other then pioctin.

Interesting! I wish docs and midwives would give people all of the information available when offering inductions especially ones where baby isn't overdue and there isn't a medical reason to do so.
Have you posted in Third Tri? Some might be interested there.

x

Interesting! I wish docs and midwives would give people all of the information available when offering inductions especially ones where baby isn't overdue and there isn't a medical reason to do so.

x

I agree with this. As well as info on epidurals. I have no problems with women choosing certain methods of pain relief; I just also feel like doctors should be more forthcoming about the options that are available.

x

I agree with this. As well as info on epidurals. I have no problems with women choosing certain methods of pain relief; I just also feel like doctors should be more forthcoming about the options that are available.

I heard a lady the other day on here had been told by a midwife at an antenatal class that there are NO side effects from an epidural! :dohh:

x

x

At our hospital no pain relief is offered, you have to ask for it and they do explain all side effects, positive and negative, and then let you decide, i thought all hospitals did that, guess not :shrug: :lol: :flower:

x

At our hospital no pain relief is offered, you have to ask for it and they do explain all side effects, positive and negative, and then let you decide, i thought all hospitals did that, guess not :shrug: :lol: :flower:

Actually, in the US, I think it's quite different in a lot of places. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of consistency either. I brought up to my doctor that I didn't want pain relief, and he basically said "Why not?? You should use it if you feel like the pain is unbearable."

x

Actually, in the US, I think it's quite different in a lot of places. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of consistency either. I brought up to my doctor that I didn't want pain relief, and he basically said "Why not?? You should use it if you feel like the pain is unbearable."

We get encourage not to use pain relief, but if we need it they dont hesitate to get it to you, so strange how things differ :flower:

There are inconsistencies between midwives and doctors in the same county where I am from. Two girls I know are within a few weeks of my due date and we have had totally different care so far.

x

i had a natural birth with no Iv let alone pain medication, and when i told the nurses on duty they looked shocked! and then my obgyn explained that i was the first person in a very very long time who not only said no pain relief...but actually had none throughout the whole thing.

i didnt realize how uncommon it was!

I think the NHS try to save money so I guess they want you to manage without if you can or if you don't want to ask but mosst in the US have private/insurance?

x

We get encourage not to use pain relief, but if we need it they dont hesitate to get it to you, so strange how things differ :flower:

ive found here in the US they literally sign you up for an epidural and pain relief the moment you walk int he door. AND im not lying, when i got my hospital bill the epidural and pain relief was charged automatically to my bill. I had to call and have them take it off. they had to call my obgyn to find out if i was telling the truth!

ive found here in the US they literally sign you up for an epidural and pain relief the moment you walk int he door. AND im not lying, when i got my hospital bill the epidural and pain relief was charged automatically to my bill. I had to call and have them take it off. they had to call my obgyn to find out if i was telling the truth!

Your kidding!
So glad for the NHS, can't imagine the price over there :dohh: :flower:

i had a natural birth with no Iv let alone pain medication, and when i told the nurses on duty they looked shocked! and then my obgyn explained that i was the first person in a very very long time who not only said no pain relief...but actually had none throughout the whole thing.

i didnt realize how uncommon it was!

Wow...heroic. They'll be putting your name on little plaques in maternity wards across the country :haha:

actually, in the us, i think it's quite different in a lot of places. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of consistency either. I brought up to my doctor that i didn't want pain relief, and he basically said "why not?? You should use it if you feel like the pain is unbearable."

i had a natural birth with no iv let alone pain medication, and when i told the nurses on duty they looked shocked! And then my obgyn explained that i was the first person in a very very long time who not only said no pain relief...but actually had none throughout the whole thing.

I didnt realize how uncommon it was!

wow...heroic. They'll be putting your name on little plaques in maternity wards across the country :haha:

thread killerrrr

That's crazy!! I had a debate thread about epidurals once and it was really hard to explain the cultural differences between the UK and US. I had a hard time getting across how much of an inevitability epidurals seem to be here.

It really is!! Funny how we can have such different birthing experiences, even if we both go to hospitals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->