pioctin adhd…

Interesting! I wish docs and midwives would give people all of the information available when offering inductions especially ones where baby isn't overdue and there isn't a medical reason to do so.
Have you posted in Third Tri? Some might be interested there.

x

No! Please don't post it in 3rd Tri. Do you not think people are worried enough without having studies with no significance whatsoever thrust in their face?
People generally don't CHOOSE to be induced!

I've just done a quick Google search and found 6 studies linking ADHD with:
Diet
Food Allergies
Genetics
Glucose Levels
Family Environment
Dopamine

And there are probably hundreds more! I cannot fathom why a study of 172 people should suddenly stop people having inductions or why anyone would want to worry people unnecessarily.
Maybe we should all stop eating? But hey, can't do anything about the brain stuff so maybe we should just stop pro-creating?

I totally agree, DO NOT post this in the third tri! There are so many reasons women are being induced and it is the safest and sometimes ONLY option for them. I would have worried silly about this before giving birth had I known. And the fact that it's not actual fact, seems to be giving worries unnecessarily to moms to be.

I didn't find this scary. :shrug:
I have two sons, both were induced for medical reasons. This puts them at significantly higher risk for ADHD, according to this report.
However, I also have a critical faculty and can read and understand statistics and designate the appropriate amount of anxiety to this - which is exactly none. All this read does for me is raise awareness of another factor and give me further knowledge and insight on a (remote) possibility.
I don't think there was the slightest bit of scaremongering going on by posting the article. We are all responsible for educating ourselves and using our critical thinking skills to analyze information. If you choose to simply react emotionally and fearfully rather than read and consider, how does that make the OP a scaremongerer?
I would hope that this forum continues to be a place to raise awareness and discuss new findings. I really think that the accusations of scaremongering were over the top.

I didn't find this scary. :shrug:
I have two sons, both were induced for medical reasons. This puts them at significantly higher risk for ADHD, according to this report.
However, I also have a critical faculty and can read and understand statistics and designate the appropriate amount of anxiety to this - which is exactly none. All this read does for me is raise awareness of another factor and give me further knowledge and insight on a (remote) possibility.
I don't think there was the slightest bit of scaremongering going on by posting the article. We are all responsible for educating ourselves and using our critical thinking skills to analyze information. If you choose to simply react emotionally and fearfully rather than read and consider, how does that make the OP a scaremongerer?
I would hope that this forum continues to be a place to raise awareness and discuss new findings. I really think that the accusations of scaremongering were over the top.

Totally agree, I don't think there is any reason NOT to post in Third Tri, I am currently in my third trimester and I like to know or at least be aware these sorts of studies. You can then make better informed decisions.

x

I totally agree, DO NOT post this in the third tri! There are so many reasons women are being induced and it is the safest and sometimes ONLY option for them. I would have worried silly about this before giving birth had I known. And the fact that it's not actual fact, seems to be giving worries unnecessarily to moms to be.

So you weigh up the risk? There are risks in everything we do and if it's safer to induce then you do so but if you're inducing for other reasons and yes I have seen it (mainly in the US) where you can actually just be induced on your due date for convenience, then you should be aware of ALL POSSIBLE known risk factors.

x

I didnt let my son CIO and I had a natural birth with NO drugs. He has ADHD and autism. Its not a good study IMO.

I'm in my 2nd tri and I wouldn't want this posted in the pregnancy forums, it's just not an in-depth enough study to be worrying people about just before they're giving birth. xx

It would be nice to consider further study. Of course 170-something is not a large enough sample size.

Mine was induced for medical reasons. I don't automatically believe everything I read so I really would not consider this "scaremongering". Truthfully, I think you can only be "scaremongered" if you believe everything you read, which reflects on your own lack of critical thinking rather than what is published. I could publish a report saying the world will end tomorrow and you will always have people who will believe you.

So the question is, does this merit further research? Of course, I think it's a start! And I would love to know if there is a link.

You know, once upon a time, women who gave birth to children with chromosome abnormalities were blamed for the condition of the child, saying they were whores, they lifted too much weight, they used bad cleaning products, hey even wayyy back in the day, they were witches. When people came out with the concept that there could be such a thing as a chromosome abnormality, people dismissed it as ridiculous hogwash (after all, children are made from God, and God is perfect, therefore the woman is to blame).

A bit of an extreme example of course - but the point is that many legitimate scientific research has originally been blamed as being foolish, but further study after study shows otherwise.

Just like vaccines and autism. Only the opposite way - shown to not be linked with any scientific merit, over and over.

I think all things should be given a chance.

So you weigh up the risk? There are risks in everything we do and if it's safer to induce then you do so but if you're inducing for other reasons and yes I have seen it (mainly in the US) where you can actually just be induced on your due date for convenience, then you should be aware of ALL POSSIBLE known risk factors.

x

Convinience inductions are garbage! I guess, to me, I'd hope the medical community would only use intervention when needed.

My biggest issue with this study is that it's incomplete in numbers and the results are not clear. So why bring something up that "might" be an issue to moms who may end up with this being done, who actually do have no choice? If it was a clear, complete study, then yes, send it along. It may scare people and worry them, but we do all need to know, IF IN FACT it is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->